Hikvission & tiny cam pro

mtagt56

n3wb
Reaction score
I could really do with somebody help i have 2 x DS-2CD2347G1-LU Colorvu cameras connected to a ds-7604ni-k1/4p nvr

i have purchased tinycam pro as i want it to work via my nvidia shield fr camera features.

unfortunately i just cannot get the camera to display a video feed at ball the message i get is video failed timeout , check host name and port number)

everything is as should be as far as i am able to tell

can anybody on here help please

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
unfortunately i just cannot get the camera to display a video feed at ball the message i get is video failed timeout
What network settings are you trying to use?

The cameras are connected to NVR PoE ports?
In which case they are 'behind the NVR', not directly accessible from a LAN/WiFi connected device.
But you should be able to connect to the RTSP stream that the NVR makes available for the camera channels.
For example an NVR Channel 4 main stream :
rtsp:/192.168.1.213/Streaming/channels/401

mtagt56

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking time to reply.

Yes the camera are connected to NVR PoE ports, I tried connecting to RTSP stream

I followed these intrsutructions that i found on another post after several failed attempts, this did finally get data pulling through yet i still have 100% fps drop. I just cannot get them through. My camera are showing under PoE / PnP as POE1 AND POE2 - But I cannot get the display FPS. I am using an nvida shield as it is my only android device

Brand: Hikvision
Camera: DS-7608NI-E2/8P
IP: 192.168.1### (nvr ip on my lan)
Web port: 554
Protocol: RTSP over TCP (MPEG)
RTSP Port: 554
This works when connected on local network wifi.
I have Remote access enabled on the nvr (ports opened on router) and with my ip entered, I can see the cameras remotely.
Hope this helps anyone trying to use Tiny cam.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Remote access enabled on the nvr (ports opened on router) and with my ip entered, I can see the cameras remotely.
You should know from the many threads advising against port forwarding that allowing the whole internet to access your NVR presents a considerable risk to your LAN, and the devices and data on it.
Check out the many threads on user experiences and how to set up a VPN as a much more secure solution for remote access than port forwarding.