HiLook IPC-T259H trouble setting a 24/7 1 week recording

Alex955665

n3wb
Reaction score
Intro
I am just trying to setup a simple 24/7 recording which lasts a week for my four IPC-T259H to a PC I have re-purposed as a NVR. I am quite new to this and it has been more effort than I expected setting this up. They all work and I can access the live steam and I can manually record indefinitely, but not set it to auto delete after 7 days, so I think it will just use the whole HHD then stop recording.

What I have tried so far:
So I first tried with the HilookVision client, it appears to have the setting I need, storage schedule >recording schedule > advanced settings > keep record files for xx days. However when i save any of the settings on the storage schedule page it says "CamXX getting device information failed Storage Schedule: Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[23] not supported. - see pic attached, so it does not work.

so I then tried Perfect Ip camera software and then Secuirty eye software, despite what is says online they are not free to use, it costs to record, did not check them out beyond that. (Note both seem to be the same software under different branding, seemed strange so uninstalled both)

Then tired IVMS, which seems to be the same as HilookVision client, like a semi-rebranded version both from Hikvision.

Finally tried, the direct IP connect to the camera which like HilookVision client can record, set manually, but it cannot delete from 7 days, also the IPC-T259H manual mentions all sort of settings that are not there on the web interface to the camera - see pics.

Summary:
I am new to CCTV setup and been trying to learn, don't want to do any complicated AI analysis etc. just have it recording 24/7 for 7 days, any help to point me at what to do would be great.

Hardware Setup:
4*IPC-T259H (IPC-T259H)
1*DB1C camera doorbell (EZVIZ DB1C - Wi-Fi Video Doorbell)
1* TL-Link TL-SF1009P 9-Port 10/100Mbps Desktop Switch with 8-Port PoE+ ()
1*Win11 pro - i7 - 3770 CPU, 16GB RAM, clean install, 120 SSD (C), 4 TB HHD

HilookVision client - storage schedule error.
1684712885655.png
1684713032086.png

No storage management page when going to the camera IP
1684713069986.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you looked at Blue Iris software for that PC? It's the best value for $63 USD you'll ever find. Lots of support on this forum as well.

You can at least download and try the evaluation version here ==>> Home - Blue Iris Software

If you decide to buy it after the trial period, I suggest you go through the IPCT store as linked in tthe first line of this post.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More on BI (Blue Iris):

You can decide which cams record to which HDD or NAS, have specific folders and set storage parameters by size and/or age.