Hiseeu cameras randomly go off

Reaction score
Hello everyone I’m new to the forums and new to ip camera. I have a Hiseeu DVR with 5 camers hooked up, they all worked fine for roughly a year until last month they all stared going on and off line. I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting. any Help is appreciated

Aaron Martin

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it during day and night or just night?

In most instances it ends up being a power issue or corrosion issue on the wires. Did you use dielectric grease on the connections outside?

Troubleshooting would be to unplug all but one camera and see if it still happens. If it stops happening, then it is an issue with the power. If it does continue, then supply power another way and confirm if it is the power supply.

If it is still happening after that, then bring a camera in and try with a short premade known working good quality cable and test it that way.

Reaction score
Is it during day and night or just night?

In most instances it ends up being a power issue or corrosion issue on the wires. Did you use dielectric grease on the connections outside?

Troubleshooting would be to unplug all but one camera and see if it still happens. If it stops happening, then it is an issue with the power. If it does continue, then supply power another way and confirm if it is the power supply.

If it is still happening after that, then bring a camera in and try with a short premade known working good quality cable and test it that way.
this happens at all times of the day and night will check all connections in the morning

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are wireless, but wired for power.
Wireless is very problematic for surveillance cams in that the data stream is constant and is not buffered; if any errors occur because of interference or lack of bandwidth the devices will attempt to re-establish communication and this causes drop-outs, jittery images, etc. Wireless is not recommended for CCTV because of this unreliability.

IMO, the only way to achieve some acceptable performance from wireless cams is to have a dedicated, high output / high sensitivity wireless access point that is for a very limited number of cams and nothing else. Those cams should be set for nominal resolution and frame rate, as low as acceptable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, yeah wireless is a whole other animal. A neighbors microwave can interfere with it, a car driving by with wifi hotspot, etc. Maybe a 5G tower went up close by. That is probably the problem.

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Aaronrmartin, post: 645952, member: did you ever figure yours out mines doing the same thing I've tried everything