Hit And Run Captured By My Camera

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and a whole bunch of my neighbors cars were damaged, of course the first thing I did was check my cameras. Some drunk or distracted driver crashed into 4 different parked cars and drove off. I only have pictures of the damage 3 of the cars below. Video and license plate has been sent to law enforcement. It looks like a older model Toyota Sequoia.

Make sure you turn up your volume all the way up, only watch the first 60 seconds unless you also want to see all the neighbors come out of their homes. Night video quality is not so good because it's an 8 MP but it does have a 1/1.8 sensor. Not enough white light to turn on night color. Going to "upgrade" soon to a 4 MP, waiting for Dahua to release a 4MP with a 1/1.2 sensor.

License plate:

Attachments

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My LPR shots usually come out much better, below is a random car driving on my street (cars on the left and right are parked). I think the suspect may of removed some of the reflective coating on his license plate or my settings are wrong.
Hmm...but it has 2 bright (reflective) bands,horizontally top & bottom, one irregular...maybe a piece of polarizing film stretched over the plate? :idk:
At 1037 to 1045 PM most likely drunk, IMO.
Great capture!