Hit and run, caught with my new system

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Newby here.

Just thought I share this,

Been setting up my new surveillance system. On the first week of setting up the first of my camera’s, I read on our neighborhood Facebook page, somebody suffered a hit and run.

Checking my camera, found this:

It shows the newspaper delivery man, rapidly backing up down my street with out even looking. it appears he hit the the truck at the end of the street. This is where my neighbor parked her truck. Posted the video, and gave the neighbor a thumb drive copy for a police report. Not too sure how things turned out.

Now, I’ve caught the bug. Up to 12 cameras, with 2 dedicated for License plate recognition. Have taken a big hit in the pocketbook, but I’m obsessed. Even thinking about a career change. Totally blown away with what’s being done around the world. I defiantly see many applications for my specialty (Psychiatric/forensic care). Thanks again for the assistance from everybody on this forum.

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction @DRZmaui. I was going to suggest some dedicated LPR cameras after seeing the video, but I see you're already on top of that. It's tough to see any contact there...Did you call USA Today also? They will know who's driving

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction @DRZmaui. I was going to suggest some dedicated LPR cameras after seeing the video, but I see you're already on top of that. It's tough to see any contact there...Did you call USA Today also? They will know who's driving
Letting the neighbor take care of it. The video is much clearer than the posted one. Yea, Have one IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E set up for LPR, will set up another one for next week. Lots of trial and tribulation with Blue Iris. Reminds me of when Photoshop first came out. Steep learning curve. Especially setting up LPR for nighttime. Not much traffic in front of my house.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Letting the neighbor take care of it. The video is much clearer than the posted one. Yea, Have one IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E set up for LPR, will set up another one for next week. Lots of trial and tribulation with Blue Iris. Reminds me of when Photoshop first came out. Steep learning curve. Especially setting up LPR for nighttime. Not much traffic in front of my house.
That's a good comparison. Both very deep and powerful pieces of software that you can always learn more about.

PeskyPete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
for some reaosnt he video went black and getting errors trying to watch it now.
Try using a different browser - Doesn't run in Chrome, but will work with the IE plugin for Chrome, or IE itself.