Hitting a Rest API on ISY via Web Alert in Blue IRIS

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to turn on a program (light) in my home automation controller (ISY) when my camera senses an alert. But, I keep receiving an error when trying to configure the web alert. If I access the this via REST client, it works fine. Here's a screenshot of how I am attempting to set it up. Does this look right? I get an error requesting page: 12007

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats an HTTP POST, and your posting the path to the root.. put the full URL into the top bar and leave the POST text empty

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the same error if I have the / URI in either place. (12007). Any ideas?

KMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you are running into, but if you have any "special" characters in your username or password, they need to be encoded.

If the character isn't a letter, a digit, a hyphen, an underline, a period or a tilde, it needs to be encoded.

This web site can help you figure out encoding:
URL Decoder and Encoder - Online

jflip21

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you are running into, but if you have any "special" characters in your username or password, they need to be encoded.

If the character isn't a letter, a digit, a hyphen, an underline, a period or a tilde, it needs to be encoded.

This web site can help you figure out encoding:
URL Decoder and Encoder - Online
Thanks I did have a special character, I think I am getting closer. I am getting error 401 now. Does that mean anything to anyone or is there somewhere I can look up error code?

Thanks!

KMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I get 401 also if I have encoded characters. If no encoded characters, then it works fine.

WannaTheater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Digging up an old thread as I am having a similar issue.

Trying to configure a pop-up window on my HTPC (Kodi) if a Blue Iris alert is received. I have the receiving side completed (spent a bunch of time learning python today). Short of writing a full script on the Blue Iris side, I thought I might be able to use the "Post to Web Address" alert.

As a test, I would like to post to a local machine the following:
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyy/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.SetVolume","params":{"volume":70},"id":1 }

It is functioning from chrome url bar on Blue Iris PC, but I can't seem to get it working from within Blue Iris.

Tried a variety of variations of the following on the Post To Wed Address configuration page:
Box 1: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/jsonrpc
Box 2: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.SetVolume","params":{"volume":70},"id":1}

Getting 12007 errors when trying to test.

Any rest API/JSON foks out there?

Last edited: