Hivision Set up Issues - Newbie

Nomanf

n3wb
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

Newbie here. Was wondering if you could help me at all.

I recently installed some hikvision cameras and i use the iVMS app. Through loads of youtube and alot of threads from here i managed to get it all working, untill yesterday (its been about 2 weeks fine).

I figured out to port forward, i was able to view while on my LAN and took me a while to view remotely. The DDNS went over my head and i settled on just using my external ip but recently i have been doing to renovation to my house which requires the power to go off and now i have to keep finding out what my external ip is and change it to the new one. So i delved into the DDND using no-ip and managed to figure it out. Updated the hikvision NRV with the domain name etc. and it worked.

Now when i got home i went into my LAN and couldnt view it. So i messed about with the settings and made it worse. Manged to reset it and last night it seem to work again. I was able to view the 4 cameras on my LAN. Im now at the point where i am at work, and i can barely stream the feed of one camera remotely. The other four rotate loading and then say error code: 800. Seems i cant load all for cameras anymore remotely. If i cancel all cameras and load just one, it works, introduce 2 or 3 then error comes up. Help!

Btw the way, i have two profiles on the iVMS. One for LAN and one for Remote.

Have i put the bitrate up too high on the sub streams (what are even substreams? lol)

Is there something im demand that the wifi cant cope with?

Thanks!

yossarian

n3wb
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

Seems i cant load all for cameras anymore remotely. If i cancel all cameras and load just one, it works, introduce 2 or 3 then error comes up. Help!

Btw the way, i have two profiles on the iVMS. One for LAN and one for Remote.
s there something im demand that the wifi cant cope with?

Thanks!
Nomanf, it seems your question boild down to bandwidth (assuming you have a reliable connection; if you don't start there).

When your at home, is the bandwidth good, i.e., you can view all the cameras reliably at the same time on the same device you using remotely?

If you are at work, are you on wifi? If you are on wifi, and your perfmance is still slow, the broadband link coming from your house where the ivms/cameras sit could be a problem.

You can do a load test using a DSL or similar speed test to assess bandwidh in different client locaitons and wifi or wirless settings. You can reduce the fluency level on the client viewer but if your using a mobile device it can still be a challenge unless your on wifi or have a decent 4G/LTE wireless connection.

Are you exposing the camera ip via forwarding or using the ivms storage/media server?

BTW, I dont' recommend port forwarding from a camera directly; an internally hosted VPN is much more secure but it requires more initial effort.

Last edited: