HKvision DS 7608 - adding 4th camera

haku

n3wb
Reaction score
HI everyone

I have an older NVR hikvision ds 7608 (chinese languaged hacked to English by seller).

I have three ds-2cd-3032i bullet cameras added to it. I used DIY 50 foot ethernet cables that I made myself to connect.

Basically, I have the cameras hooked up directly to the NVR (no computer network involved).

Today I try to add a 4th, 3032i bullet camera, using another DIY 40 foot ethernet cable, but it says 'no camera detected'.

I double check my DIY 40 foot ethernet cable using a cable tester and everything seems wired properly. I even connected the cable to my router and laptop and I was able to get a wired connection.

The camera lights up red for a few seconds when I initially connect it, but turns off. Within the NVR, the POE info heading says it's using around 3W (I tried different ports and it's the same).

So the camera is getting power I think, just not showing up as connected in the NVR

Can anyone advise?

I used a short 6 foot ethernet cable, and the NVR was able to pick it up!

Could it be the longer ethernet cable is too long? If I messed up the cable, wouldn't the cable tester indicate otherwise? And I wouldnt be able to use my laptop as a wired connection?

thank you

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cable tester test that the wires are connect. There is way more to an ethernet cable than that. The cable must be made with the correct color wires and the correct twists . Max length is 100 meters.

568b2.jpg

haku

n3wb
Reaction score
cable tester test that the wires are connect. There is way more to an ethernet cable than that. The cable must be made with the correct color wires and the correct twists . Max length is 100 meters.

View attachment 73949
HI thank you for your reply.

I did use the above wiring diagram for my ethernet cable.

I used the same wiring for my previous 3 DIY ethernet cables that I have been using without issue for the past 6 months.

I am curious as to why the NVR shows there is power from the POE.

I guess I can try re-wiring again?