HLC, BLC not working anymore after upgrading from 5.4.0 to 5.4.8

Exorius

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Did a upgrade from 5.4.0 to 5.4.8 on my DS-2DE4220IW-D and i noticed that HLC isn't working anymore.

i disabled the HLC function and activated it again but no result, did a reset back to the default exposure settings but also no result, did a test with the BLC function, but also looks that when i select a position ( up, down , etc ) it makes no different, there are no changes on the picture.

Only option looks to work is the WDR parameter, after the upgrade.

Exorius

n3wb
Reaction score
Are thee More people here who upgraded a R7 revision Hikvision camera to the new 5.4.8 version and noticeded the HLC function isn't working anymore ??

I downloaded the version from Hikvision Europe site. Dome is a original europe model, who can be normaly upgraded.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have updated my cam I'll try to test tonight in the dark against the street light, let you know, btw have you tried H265 ?, it seems to work in the NVR for live view and playback, but if you download a snapshot or a full media file it won't play in VLC or hikvision own player..

Exorius

n3wb
Reaction score
Did not test H265 yet, ill get a try towmorow, but im not working with a NVR, but ill try if it works to playback with VLC.

Did you do the HLC test? Did yesterday a facrory default reset, but still the HLC and BLC function dont work.

Don't know if its posible to downgrade from 5.4.8 to 5.4.0 ? Don't want to brick the dome.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did not test H265 yet, ill get a try towmorow, but im not working with a NVR, but ill try if it works to playback with VLC.

Did you do the HLC test? Did yesterday a facrory default reset, but still the HLC and BLC function dont work.

Don't know if its posible to downgrade from 5.4.8 to 5.4.0 ? Don't want to brick the dome.

sorry for the delay, tried last night and your correct I could see no difference with it enabled or disabled.