Hole in the PFA120

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I purchased two 49425XB-HNR Cams from @EMPIRETECANDY a while back. Just getting to installing them both at this point. The plan is to use the PFA151 Corner mount brackets & PFA120 waterproof junction boxes (also from Andy) together. Will bring the cable in via some liquid-tight to the bottom of the PFA120

However, there is no plug for the hole on the back of the PFA120 junction box. The PFA151 has a similar hole that lines up, unfortunately. Here's a pic showing the PFA120 resting in place on the PFA151:
IMG_2483a.JPG

I guess one solution would be to mount a PFA130 to the backside of the PFA151 to close things up, but I suspect the corner mount would no longer allow for a... corner ;) . Not to mention a double box would look pretty silly.

Any input is appreciated. Hey @EMPIRETECANDY, was there supposed to be some type of seal included with the PFA151's to cover this up? Any chance I purchased the wrong junction boxes for the two 49425XB-HNR cams?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Will the duct seal compound be able to span a larger opening on its own, without support? Or is it better off being used on cahoots with the knockout seal @amdpowered mentioned

I used this. May want to put some sealant for water proof sealing.

Will need to bring the bracket with me to homer-ville for a test fit... fearing it's metric

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The KOs on the PFAs, and all Dahua boxes, are 3/4" to my knowledge and from my experience. You can get a 3/4" plug as well. Duct Seal will span that distance easily.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Cut a thin sheet of rubber to fit the bottom of the box and insert it between the box and the bracket and screw it down. That will take care of all of the holes in one shot.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will the duct seal compound be able to span a larger opening on its own, without support?
I've used up to 1" dia. hole.
For 1/8" thick box by 1" dia. hole I'd roll a 1" dia. tube about 1-1/2" long, insert, flatten and smooth about 1/2" of Duct Seal on both sides, slightly humped.