Home and away - night and day - switching - also file transfer issue

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, hope your all surviving COVID-19!

I have hardly made any changes over the years, but recently have noticed a few issues

BI 5 - latest version - WIN10

Wondering how others have schedules and profiles set up
I have 2 schedules - night and day
I have 4 profiles - night, day, home and windy
All my cameras are set differently at night (and windy) ,.. when I get home it holds profile and sometimes runs into the night profile (have HOME set "until triggered")
If i get home and its dark - doesnt switch to night until late
When at home, I have some cameras not recording and some recording but no alarms
I cant remember setting all this up years ago!

What am i missing!
Couldn't find a resolution using help or dr google

I leave home and get home at different times so rely on geo fencing

Also, for some reason movefile error 5 started popping up last few weeks
Cant set BI service to log-in to main account (have tried to change password etc)
Server end looks fine - all open access (and BI user is listed as well)

also Couldn't find a resolution using help or dr google... for over a week now!

Tro

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a quick update on file moving error
Reset all passwords and re-set up run as service
several reboots and still no go, after going through every setting in passwords and security etc that I could find, the system booted into Blueiris user (which was never an option)
Went to share folder and a pop-up box asking for credentials - wham it all works - including BI showing all folder sizes etc in the share
During the several reboots i did upgrade to the latest BI that just came available - but that alone didnt fix my issue

still cant work out what it was, maybe a windows update - the BI password wouldn't stick or be recognised by the server

Tro

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't help with the BI issue...

As far as profiles, I use a cron job on a Linux VM to connect to the cameras and have them switch at sunset/sunrise. @bp2008 has an excellent Windows program that performs a similar function: Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

Edit: I just realized you posted this in the BI forum so my advice may not be applicable if you aren't running Dahua cameras and need BI specific answers. My bad...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, hope your all surviving COVID-19!

I have hardly made any changes over the years, but recently have noticed a few issues

BI 5 - latest version - WIN10

Wondering how others have schedules and profiles set up
I have 2 schedules - night and day
I have 4 profiles - night, day, home and windy
All my cameras are set differently at night (and windy) ,.. when I get home it holds profile and sometimes runs into the night profile (have HOME set "until triggered")
If i get home and its dark - doesnt switch to night until late
When at home, I have some cameras not recording and some recording but no alarms
I cant remember setting all this up years ago!

What am i missing!
You dont need 2 schedules. Just one. Then setup the profiles to run during the times you wish. It is unclear from your post what you are trying to accomplish. What is the issue?

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You dont need 2 schedules. Just one. Then setup the profiles to run during the times you wish. It is unclear from your post what you are trying to accomplish. What is the issue?
I have the schedules to change from night to day - to work in relation to dusk/dawn
what I would like...
Camera settings for these scenarios:
Daytime when i am home
Daytime when I am not home
Night when i am home
Night when i am not home + after 10pm - until daytime kicks in

My current set-up works well, I am not sure how to get at home night vs at home day
I have only 1 home profile

Tro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the schedules to change from night to day - to work in relation to dusk/dawn
what I would like...
Camera settings for these scenarios:
Daytime when i am home
Daytime when I am not home
Night when i am home
Night when i am not home + after 10pm - until daytime kicks in

My current set-up works well, I am not sure how to get at home night vs at home day
I have only 1 home profile

Tro
The name of your profile is irrelevant. You need 4 profiles and set them up according to your specification.

Tro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The name of your profile is irrelevant. You need 4 profiles and set them up according to your specification.
Yep I am aware :)

What i didn't know was the option to have different profiles set up on the 1 Geo-Fence? (If i am correct)

So on each camera I can set up 1 Geo-Fence to be active during daytime profile and 1 active during night profile?

Tro