Home or Direct Pan/Tilt button

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I just got my 1st PTZ camera up outside today. Managed to get some presets working. Very happy but I do have a few questions and will probably have more as I stumble around. :)

But for now, what is the Home or Direct Pan/Tilt button for? It does not seem to do anything when I click it. If it does something useful how do you program it?

When I double click on the camera it goes to the single full page view, which I like. But you lose the PTZ buttons when you do that. Anyway to have the PTZ functions running down the right side in a small colum like the clips do on main view when full page?

Thanks.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
see the PTZ tab in the camera's (huisun/imporx mini ptz, i assume) web UI.
you can set the park time and action type (what to do after X seconds of idle,)
but it's limited to preset1 etc...

The check out Bi's PTZ/controls page for the cam and click the 'edit presets button'.
the 'override mask and hotspot' editor may be what your looking for.

There's also that big button with the question mark on it that takes you to BI's extensive help file...

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know what the big question mark does and have used it and this forum. :)

But no where did I see the term "Home or Direct Pan/Tilt" anywhere in the PTZ section. I think it is for an older version of BI. I think that because in the display for the PTZ image there are only 4 directional buttons, only down, up, left, and right, as opposed to the 8 BI has now. I did finally find a vauge reference that I think may be what I was asking about, but it was not called that, they said a grid button, but only a few cameras can use it.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, the help file is a tad out of date wrt to the number of direction buttons,
but the explanation for what you're calling 'home or direct pan/tilt'
(the one that looks like a scope sight, says 'PTZ Home' upon mouseover)
is pretty clear:

<quote>
To the left of these four buttons is a grid button which may be used to position the camera absolutely--clicking the button near the top/left will pan the camera to its left-most stop and tilt it up to its top-most stop; clicking near the center of the button will center the camera. NOTE: Absolute position is supported by only a small number of IP cameras.
</quote>

I don't think our Huisun/imporx mini-ptz's support that feature...

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They update BI so often (which is good) that it is no wonder the help file stays behind. It would probably take a full time team to keep it updated alone. :)