Home8 Cameras - anyone know if they will work like regular IP camera?

Reaction score
Title says it. I happen to have a Home8 system that was picked up (not by me!) and I wanted to play around to see if it can be connected to Blue Iris system? Just wondering if anyone happens to know, even though I am well aware these are probably considered throw-away by most informed parties using these forums!

Just want to use it to keep an eye on the kitchen, possibly catch the cats on the counter, or be able to identify the actual culprit when a mess gets left in the kitchen by "gremlins" while I am at work, and the cost would be $0.

Reaction score
Feels like these are classic PTP, paired to a "secure gateway", so scrapped this idea after tinkering for an hour trying to get it on the (wifi) network and then scanning for ports. Now thought better of the whole effort, as it is possibly worth more just ebay this and then buying a proper PoE camera to add to the collection.

Reaction score
Thanks @looney2ns but the one I had access to was the one they call a "Twist HD" and "Panoramic Talking Camera" - I just figured most of the cameras seem to be made by just a few manufacturers, was hoping for an easy starting point!