Homeowner restrains intruder with duct tape until police show up

xips

n3wb
Reaction score
Burglar wearing stolen clothing from a prior home invasion is caught.

I''d have shot him.

Local TV report

“He truly said, ‘I’m not trying to steal anything, I just want to be friends,'” neighbor said.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This clown is a serial break in artist. He had just came from another house he broke into and broke into another house weeks earlier and was held by a shotgun wielding home owner in that one.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel at least a little bit sorry for him. He's got some mental health issues that're in serious need of addressing before he dies of lead poisoning.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Back in history they would have tied him up and dragged him through town by horse and then to the hanging tree.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He is lucky, if I see someone like that in our home he is not going to be leaving the same way he came in. Body bags come in a one size fits all.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The woman that jumped in there and taped his hands sure looked confident.
With that outfit he was wearing, he should have been arrested by the fashion police. ;)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
My only problem with the women was that she got between the gun and the perp. She should have went behind the guy holding the gun. But I do give her a lot of credit for jumping right in there.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Never get between the gun and the bad guy.

xips

n3wb
Reaction score
The reporter said the neighbors were military trained so she probably knew her husband had his trigger finger on the pistol frame and would not have moved in front of a piece wielded by an unknown handler.

She did secure the piece of shit posthaste plus carried the most weight putting the garbage out.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd guess it was her on the spot decision of getting between the suspect and the weapon. She likely considered the suspect in a physical position in which it was unlikely he would be able to exploit the split second vulnerability... combined with trusting her husband's judgment. She got right down to business.

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Love it, Another POS off the streets for a few days. Gotta love Ruger handgun.... Uhhhh who pulled his pants down? LMAO

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pants down... Some tactical reasons I suppose, and perhaps some humorous shaming - but guessing the summer New Mexico sun was grilling that driveway cement - and thoroughly TOASTING his boys.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So is there a legal issue here since it wasn't their home? Assumming they were not ccw holders could there be trouble?
Dumb as it sounds I just know here in Kalifornia they would figure out some way to blame the good guys. Not sure what NM law is but lots of tree huggers there.

She kicked some ass there. Obviously not her first time. Gotta love that. And a 1911. Sweet.

xips

n3wb
Reaction score
Anything is possible.

Weapons were open carry. According to this news story the neighbors waited for home owner to arrive, gave him a weapon and he is the first person to enter and confront the bad guy. So everybody should have been within their rights except the intruder, I gaffed on hubby being 1st one in and the lady took one hell of a risk. But, like you say, it only takes one slimy lawyer to bring on a world of shit for the good guys.