Hotspot missing movement

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, i have some hotspots setup and i understand any motion at all would trigger, but it seems to be missing things, i there another setting i have missed that would diminish the hotspot setting.

Cheers

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What camera? If the Ir emitters have a manual setting then you can turn them down to reduce IR washout and hotspots.

When you said "hotspots" I was thinking IR emitters. You may have to tweak the "minimum object size" and "Minimum Contrast". The further left you drag those sliders the more sensitive it will be in picking up objects. Also, what is your "Make Time" minimum duration? I use .2 - .5. I also always disable "Object Detection" and use the "Simple" algorithm instead of "Edge Vector" which is default.

Last edited:

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah all sliders to minimum, contrast and size, i use simple anyway, not sure if Edge working ok anyway and yes about .5 make time, but like i say do these setting actually effect the so called "hotspot" zone, or is the "hotspot" zones once set ignore everything and do just like it think it should and any movement at all cause the trigger.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, all these settings do effect motion. Zones are just areas where you want to run motion detection. All other settings still apply.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From the help file:

The Hot Spot zone
This is a zone for special applications only and should not be generally used. Objects or
motion in this zone will override the make time and other rules and force an immediate
trigger. This can result in a huge number of false triggers, so it should be used with caution.

I think the "other rules" are the size and contrast sliders.

Could it be your hot spot zone is too small and the make time to long. I have some make times at .2

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
From the help file:

The Hot Spot zone
This is a zone for special applications only and should not be generally used. Objects or
motion in this zone will override the make time and other rules and force an immediate
trigger. This can result in a huge number of false triggers, so it should be used with caution.

Could it be your hot spot zone is too small and the make time to long. I have some make times at .2
I guess we need clarification. Is he using "Zone A" in the drop down or did he actually change it to "Hotspot zone". I've never seen anyone use "Hotspot Zone". If using "Hotspot zone", why? Why not use the standard Zone A, B, C, etc...?

Screenshot from 2021-02-07 09-13-55.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the help file:

The Hot Spot zone

But as you bolded and underlined...the hotspot overrides these settings. If he is using hotspot as BI has it set up, he should be triggering due to the override of other settings.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i am using the hotspot zone H, on the understanding that any movement regardless of other settings in the motion detection, will trigger the camera, i have zone A setup for the usual stuff and masked areas, then H zones for areas were anything at all that moves triggers.

It is triggering in zone H but seems to be missing things i can visibly see moving, admittedly they are small and low contrast but it thought they would still trigger in zone H.

Last edited:

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess we need clarification. Is he using "Zone A" in the drop down or did he actually change it to "Hotspot zone". I've never seen anyone use "Hotspot Zone". If using "Hotspot zone", why? Why not use the standard Zone A, B, C, etc...?
In zone A i can tell Bi to apply the size, contrast, distance parameters, but assume zone H dismisses all variables.