How can access cameras remotely without a unique WAN IP?

prontix

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a client that I installed Sunba cameras a few years ago. They were able to access their cameras remotely because they were able to get a static WAN IP from their ISP. The ISP has now switched their backbone and all customers in this area share the same WAN IP. I can access the cameras as long as I'm on the ISPs network locally but accessing from another ISP network won't work. Any ideas how I can still use these cameras remotely? Will I have to resort to a camera system that doesn't depend on a unique WAN IP?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a client that I installed Sunba cameras a few years ago. They were able to access their cameras remotely because they were able to get a static WAN IP from their ISP. The ISP has now switched their backbone and all customers in this area share the same WAN IP. I can access the cameras as long as I'm on the ISPs network locally but accessing from another ISP network won't work. Any ideas how I can still use these cameras remotely? Will I have to resort to a camera system that doesn't depend on a unique WAN IP?

Thanks in advance!

Dan
The fact that you can ask this question, install sunba cameras and have a "client" is very troubling. Are they paying you for this? Did you tell them that you need to resort to a user forum to find a solution? Did you tell them that you previously port forwarded their sunba cameras or nvr - very insecure devices - compromising the security of their entire network?
There are many threads discussing solutions to this problem. Tell you client that they can come to this forum and get the information for free rather than paying you to post for them.

prontix

n3wb
Reaction score
The fact that you can ask this question, install sunba cameras and have a "client" is very troubling. Are they paying you for this? Did you tell them that you need to resort to a user forum to find a solution? Did you tell them that you previously port forwarded their sunba cameras or nvr - very insecure devices - compromising the security of their entire network?
There are many threads discussing solutions to this problem. Tell you client that they can come to this forum and get the information for free rather than paying you to post for them.
Thank you for your prompt reply however I'm not sure the staff here would be too happy about such a curt response. I suggest a more respectful reply would be something like "This has been discussed before and you can find it by searching using phrases such as_________________". Or perhaps you don't know the answer yourself but can reply to let others that know these methods answer the questions. Perhaps you had a bad day and needed to vent. That's ok. We all have those sometimes. I hope you have a better evening.

Now, I'm still hoping someone that knows how to remotely access cameras with a common WAN address can reply. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt reply however I'm not sure the staff here would be too happy about such a curt response. I suggest a more respectful reply would be something like "This has been discussed before and you can find it by searching using phrases such as_________________". Or perhaps you don't know the answer yourself but can reply to let others that know these methods answer the questions. Perhaps you had a bad day and needed to vent. That's ok. We all have those sometimes. I hope you have a better evening.

Now, I'm still hoping someone that knows how to remotely access cameras with a common WAN address can reply. Thanks.
I AM the owner here. I had an awesome day, actually. Understand that this forum was created so users can avoid getting scammed by trunkslammers like you who are clueless about surveillance and network security. I am not going to provide your LAZY ass with FREE advice that you will then go and charge your unsuspecting client for relaying. Hopefully they will find this post and you will be outed as the fraudster you are.
In the hopes of helping your other clients, see the wiki on securing your network. You have endangered many end users.

Folks, yet another reason to DIY. The guys you pay for know less than you do.