How can I test the mic/audio on a 5231-ze?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Noticed today that one of my 5231-ze cams just hums/buzzes when I enable audio, the other 5 are fine.

So how can I test the mic and audio, can I hear the audio when connected directly to the cam via a browser? I have logged in to the cam and couldn’t see how I would/could do this.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok must have had a dumb moment, found the speaker icon in the web view and the sound is just a load of static even when cars go past whereas on the other cams you can actually hear the cars engine as it goes past.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I checked mine in the audio options and the encode mode is set to G,711A and mine are working well. You might try turning the noise filter off or on. Mine have the mic volume set to 100 but you might experiment with that too.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes all my cams are set the same, so level at 100% and the noise reduction system disabled as that causes the sound to pulse.

Might have to take it down, open it up and take a look to see if the mic is actually connected?

Anybody have a pic so that I know what to look for?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
If it were me I think I would try toggling the encode setting to something different then putting it back where it was or resetting the camera. I don't know if you could be able to see anything inside the camera or not.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve already tried disabling and reenabling and restarted the cam.

An example of what I mean, although the clips are not from the exact same time they hopefully show the problem. First is of the cam which records no sound, second is what all the others record.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
On one of my brand new cams, the mic didn't work. I opened it up and reseated the mic connector and it has worked since (at least a year). It was a different model turret, and once open it was pretty obvious which pair of wires was for the mic.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't hear anything at all on the first video. Is it just me or was it your point that there was no audio?