How can you unlock a door with a VTO2202F-P Door Station

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm interested to use the IP Villa Door Station in a hotel entry vestibule. I currently use Viking Door Phone E-40 and Viking Remote Touch Tone Relay Controller RC-2A. When someone pushes the button on the Viking Door Phone, it is wired to an analog ring down line which then rings at the front desk phones. When a front desk person answers the phone and determines it is safe to let the person in, they type a 3 digit code and the door unlocks. This is used for after hours operation. 11 PM to 6 AM. Guests can still get in by presenting their room card to the RFID reader you can see to the right of the Entry phone.

I would like to put a Dahua Villa Door Station in the next hotel property so I would need a similar configuration. I will have a Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX and Grandstream GXV3380 Video phones at the front desk.

I assume this can work since the Dahua door station has the door unlock relay.

Any suggestions if this will work and how to accomplish this?

Here's what the hotel entry vestibule looks like. You can see the door phone and the card reader to the right of it. The inside door gets locked at night.
Vestibule.PNG

This is what the viking controller looks like. It accepts commands from analog telephones.
Controller.jpg

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As far as I understand, you have to move the wires from the relay contacts of your viking to to the VTO.
Then the VTO internal relay opens the door.
Add a new SIP extn. on phone system UCM6208 for the VTO and set dtmf to SIP_INFO.

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I understand, you have to move the wires from the relay contacts of your viking to to the VTO.
Then the VTO internal relay opens the door.
Add a new SIP extn. on phone system UCM6208 for the VTO and set dtmf to SIP_INFO.
This would be a new property that doesn't have any of the Viking components so I would just be connecting the door straight to the relay contacts on the VTO.

Adding the SIP extension for the VTO makes sense but what do you do on the Dahua VTO side to accept the commands from the front desk phone that is dialed. For example how do I program the 3 digit(or however many digits) unlock code the person at the front desk types?
Is there any kind of documentation whatsoever from Dahua that has information for integrating with other phone systems?

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure. All you need is here.
Everything else you might need can be found in this forum.:D
I followed the document on that site with a VTO and Grandstream phone. Both devices show registered now so I would think it should work however it says, "The call is not answered" when I press the button on the VTO.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Start debugging on your phone system. Where do the INVITE from the VTO go to? What are the involved numbers.