How do I add an xvr or ipc from a different location to an nvr recording device?

enderforl

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried this because I was curious if it could be done entirely. I'm an intern at a camera company and quite curious. At our office, we have a Dahua 8-channel NVR recording device (with 5 cameras connected). Can I transfer the cameras from my Dahua 4-channel XVR at home to this NVR?.I know this can be done with static IP and port forwarding, but what complicates things is that both my home and office have dynamic IP addresses.
I am writing this by translating it with ChatGPT. I apologize if there are errors in the text.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried this because I was curious if it could be done entirely. I'm an intern at a camera company and quite curious. At our office, we have a Dahua 8-channel NVR recording device (with 5 cameras connected). Can I transfer the cameras from my Dahua 4-channel XVR at home to this NVR?.I know this can be done with static IP and port forwarding, but what complicates things is that both my home and office have dynamic IP addresses.
I am writing this by translating it with ChatGPT. I apologize if there are errors in the text.
You can use DDNS - like duckdns.org.. or any other, which is supported by your router on XVR side...

never NVR's (like -EI line) have support to connect to cameras using P2P connection to specified camera serial number (using register type).. never tried is this works with NVR's as source..

enderforl

n3wb
Reaction score
XVR tarafında DDNS - duckdns.org gibi - veya router'ınızın desteklediği herhangi bir DDNS'i kullanabilirsiniz...

Hiçbir NVR'de (-EI hattı gibi) belirtilen kamera seri numarasına (kayıt tipini kullanarak) P2P bağlantısı kullanarak kameralara bağlanma desteği yoktur. Bunun kaynak olarak NVR'lerle çalışıp çalışmadığını hiç denemedim.
[/ALINTI]
ddns kullanabilmek için port yönlendirme yapmam gerekiyor. Fakat ip'im dinamik ip.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^

Neither has to be a "static" IP but your home's WAN would need to be a "public" IP meaning it's exposed to the Internet.

To clarify, a "static" WAN IP is an IP that does not change, it does not necessarily mean it is a "public" WAN IP. When available and is requested, a static WAN IP can be assigned by the ISP (Internet Service Provider). Many, if not most, static WAN IP's are, in fact, public. But being called "static" is does not mean it is "public".

Assuming it IS, in fact, public then you would use a DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name Service) because you said your WAN IP is dynamic and not static.

enderforl

n3wb
Reaction score
DDNS (Dinamik DNS), dinamik IP sorunlarını çözer...
Dediğim gibi, Router'ınızın hangi DDNS servislerini desteklediğini mutlaka kontrol etmelisiniz.
[/ALINTI]
I tried the no-ip DDNS server on the Tenda DX3200-b0 modem, and it successfully connected to the DDNS server I set up. However, port forwarding I did from the XVR is failing

enderforl

n3wb
Reaction score
The XVR device's IP is 192.168.1.98 and it is static, but I can't access the web plugin with this IP through Google. I can access the web plugin by adding the device with its serial number on Smart PSS

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We are talking about your internet connection IP address (WAN ip address in router config panel).
It can be dynamic but must be public (so must start with something different that 10. Or 192.168)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The XVR device's IP is 192.168.1.98 and it is static, but I can't access the web plugin with this IP through Google.
By "Google" do you mean their Chrome browser? If so, a plug-in won't work or load.
To install a plug-in you must use IE (Internet Explorer), or try the IE Tab extension for Chrome or Edge...... or Pale Moon 32 bit browser.

Or enable the "hidden" IE in Windows 10 or 11:
  • Open Notepad:
  • Copy then paste the single line of code below into Notepad:
  • CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
  • Save as OpenIE.vbs
  • Make sure the the file name ends in .vbs not .txt, If it ends in .txt you must rename to .vbs
  • Create a shortcut to the above file and double-click it anytime you want native Internet Explorer.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@enderforl ,

I want to address some common terminology errors. This is not meant to be an intensive guide, just a clarification of several of the most commonly used (and misunderstood) terms.
  • WAN stands for "Wide Area Network". It is the network outside your home or business. It's the Internet. It involves public IP's. It's how you access your LAN remotely.
  • LAN stands for "Local Area Network". It is the network inside your home or business. It involves private IP's.
  • An IP that is exposed to and is accessible from the Internet (WAN) is said to be "public". These should not be disclosed to this forum or to anyone and should be redacted.
  • An IP that is NOT exposed to and is NOT accessible from the Internet (WAN) is said to be "private". These do NOT need to be redacted.
  • A static WAN IP is an IP that does not change, it does not necessarily mean it is a public WAN IP. When available and is requested, a static WAN IP can be assigned by the ISP (Internet Service Provider). Many, if not most, static WAN IP's are, in fact, public. But being called "static" is not what means it is "public".
  • An IP that is NOT static is called "dynamic". Many WAN IP's are dynamic.
  • The terms for IP's such as static and dynamic also are applicable in the LAN. Static IP's can be assigned in the LAN to devices such as NVR's, IP cameras, network printers. IP's chosen to be assigned as static should be unique and outside of the router's DHCP pool (if there is a router) or reserved in the router. The router will assign LAN IP's to devices that are set to dynamic (DHCP) using IP's in the range of its DHCP pool.
To recap:
  • WAN: Network outside the home or business; involves public IP's
  • LAN: Network outside the home or business; involves private IP's
  • Public IP: Accessible from and exposed to the Internet
  • Private IP: Not accessible from or exposed to the Internet
  • Static IP: Does not change
  • Dynamic IP: Can change
  • DDNS: Dynamic Domain Name Service

enderforl

n3wb
Reaction score
For clearer explanation, here's what I've tried:

Firstly, my IP address is dynamic. As far as I've learned, my Internet service provider allows port forwarding, and the port 37777 that I intend to forward is not blocked. The devices I'm using are Dahua DH-XVR1B08-İ and Tenda DX3200-b0.

1. I registered a free domain from the No-IP DDNS provider.
2. I entered this domain in the DDNS section of my modem and received a successful connection message.
3. I set the XVR's IP address to 192.168.1.98 and turned off DHCP.
4. I entered the same domain in the DDNS section of the XVR and received a successful connection message.
5. From the port forwarding section, I forwarded port 37777 for my XVR device using TCP.

The issue here is that although port forwarding appears successful in the modem interface, it fails when I test it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You don't need to put the DDNS account/login info into the modem AND the XVR...I'd use the modem/router.
You may also need to forward 37776 to the XVR's LAN IP.

Port forwarding is not encouraged, BTW.

enderforl

n3wb
Reaction score
You don't need to put the DDNS account/login info into the modem AND the XVR...I'd use the modem/router.
You may also need to forward 37776 to the XVR's LAN IP.

Port forwarding is not encouraged, BTW.
My native language is Turkish and I read the texts by translating them, the meaning may be a little distorted. Is the problem here the port I am forwarding to? Or is it the place I am forwarding it to?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My native language is Turkish and I read the texts by translating them, the meaning may be a little distorted. Is the problem here the port I am forwarding to? Or is it the place I am forwarding it to?
Forward 37776 TCP/UDP to 192.1681.98
and
Forward 37777 TCP/UDP to 192.1681.98

enderforl

n3wb
Reaction score
I said maybe the problem is with xvr right now and I'm trying it with a dahua ipc.but I still get the Port 3777 closed error.Maybe it is a modem/router problem.