How do I connect IPC-HDW5231R-Z? What do I need?

Beginner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone

This is my first post and I know NOTHING about surveillance equipment. I just began reading some 2-3 days ago, but I'd like to give it a try. Just by googling I came here and I've seen that IPC-HDW5231R-Z is a good piece of equipment which is not expensive.
I see that one guy from this forum is selling these cameras on Aliexpress, so I was thinking of buying it from him.
I wonder if I need something else (some cabling, power adapter, or similar) in order to connect this camera to my PC and/or to my QNAP TS-469L?
My router is Asus RT-3200AC.
Thanks for all help.

Complete noob

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Qnap ts-451 recognized and recorded 24/7 the camera just fine. You won't get IVS alerts with the qnap thou. I went with a Dahua nvr for IVS alerts and their phone app for instant alerts to my phone when I'm away from home.

Beginner

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for so quick replies.
Yes, that's the user (empiretecandy) that made me to go for Dahua camera, and I haven't even heard of Dahua brand until yesterday evening. :)
Now I'll try to find some switch or PoE injector here in Norway as it will probably be cheaper than order through Amazon.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you think you will ever get more cameras that would be easy to wire to a single location.. A POE switch makes a lot of sense provided it has enough power and powered ports to supply each camera. These use <8 W Max I believe

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

This is my first post and I know NOTHING about surveillance equipment. I just began reading some 2-3 days ago, but I'd like to give it a try. Just by googling I came here and I've seen that IPC-HDW5231R-Z is a good piece of equipment which is not expensive.
I see that one guy from this forum is selling these cameras on Aliexpress, so I was thinking of buying it from him.
I wonder if I need something else (some cabling, power adapter, or similar) in order to connect this camera to my PC and/or to my QNAP TS-469L?
My router is Asus RT-3200AC.
Thanks for all help.

Complete noob
Yes, have to buy a standard poe switch/poe NVR/12v 2A adapter.

Beginner

n3wb
Reaction score
Indeed. Something important to think of. I believe I'll look after switch, then. Thank you.