How do I find/reset my PC's IP address password (for Blue Iris mobile app)

Reaction score
In order to use the Blue Iris mobile app, I'm planning to use my PC as a server to store and access IP camera footage. I have my PC's LAN internal IP address: 192.168.x.x:x, (including port), but I don't know that IP address (and port)'s username and password. I never needed it until trying to use Blue Iris mobile app. I've tried every logical username and password combination, but none work. Is there a way to find or reset my PC's IP address password?

So far, I've tried:
username: admin
password: admin, password, and (nothing)

...and I've tried my Windows username and password.

Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also tried using these cmd commands
ipconfig/release to release old IP address
ipconfig/renew to get new ip address

...but it didn't work. It just resulted in having the same IP address, and username admin, password admin didn't work.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First of all, no need to redact your LAN IP from us, we all have those private IP's; my Blue Iris server's IP is 192.168.1.239, port is 81.

Secondly, find your BI server's LAN IP on the following page: "Blue Iris Settings" (the gear upper left) => "Web Server" tab, your WAN IP address (the PUBLIC IP that you DO need to redact) is shown below that.

The username and password you use in the app can be found at: Blue Iris Settings" => "Users" tab. Click on a user to highlight it then click on pencil symbol at bottom to see its configuration, including the password (click on eye symbol to the right of the hidden password to reveal it).

All of this can be found in BI's built-in "Help" file.

Reaction score
First of all, no need to redact your LAN IP from us, we all have those private IP's; my Blue Iris server's IP is 192.168.1.239, port is 81.

Secondly, find your BI server's LAN IP on the following page: "Blue Iris Settings" (the gear upper left) => "Web Server" tab, your WAN IP address (the PUBLIC IP that you DO need to redact) is shown below that.

The username and password you use in the app can be found at: Blue Iris Settings" => "Users" tab. Click on a user to highlight it then click on pencil symbol at bottom to see its configuration, including the password (click on eye symbol to the right of the hidden password to reveal it).

All of this can be found in BI's built-in "Help" file.
This is great advice. Thank you. I was missing 2 other additional steps, and I'm connected now.