How do I make an IP address permanent?

Reaction score
Every time I reboot my computer the IP address on my Foscam cameras (FI9928P and FI9900P) resets.
How can I stop this from happening?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Log into each cam, individually, with a browser (likely IE) using the cam's current IP address.
Go to network settings and insure that the camera's IP is set to 'static', not 'DHCP' or 'automatic'.

Ideally, assign a unique IP to each cam that is outside of your router's DHCP pool (the IP's it uses to assign to DHCP devices in your LAN). For instance, if the router's DHCP pool is 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99, use 192.168.1.200 to .254 for your devices that you want to have a static IP.

Log into the router's LAN IP with a browser to discover what its DHCP pool is. While there you can either make a reservation for those static IP's
=OR=
just use IP's outside of the router's DHCP pool as I suggested above (easier, IMO).

Last edited:

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can also set a reservation in your router to always assign a specific ip to a specific Mac address (camera)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can also set a reservation in your router to always assign a specific ip to a specific Mac address (camera)
If the router provides that ability, of course. Unfortunately, many ISP modem/router combos don't, so using IP's outside of the router's DHCP pool will provide the same result in that the router won't attempt to assign your chosen IP('s) to another device(s).