How do I paint a camera a different color?

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just bought 2 of these Lorex cameras (Dahua OEM) model LNB9272 and I would like to paint them white. Do I just go to a local home center and buy Rust-Oleum white spray paint?

On a side note the cameras are awesome, specs are very similar to Dahua version with a 1/1.8” sensor but it also has a built in microphone.

56756.PNG567567.PNG

Last edited:

dathat

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had good results using Plasti Dip paint. It is easily removable without harming the surface if you ever change your mind or want to repaint. Just peel it off. Does not void the warranty.

Mask off the lens, IR emitter and mic opening, wipe down with some alcohol or similar low-strength solvent to remove any oils and start with a light scratch coat. Add more coats as needed for coverage (follow the directions).
For a smooth finish, wait for the Plasti Dip to fully cure (about 48 hours) and treat with Aerospace 303 or similar UV vinyl protectant. You can also paint over Plasti Dip with normal paint but I find it is not usually needed. The 303 gives it a great finish and holds up in the sun.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want the permanent route, you use clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol, sand the surface, primer (optional), and paint to the color of your choice. :D