how do i shutdown blue iris?

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How can I shutdown Blue Iris cleanly without having to stop Blue Iris service? Is there an exit, close, stop, shutdown command? Does the Blue Iris Tools have such a command? That would be nice. I want to easily shutdown both the tools and BI itself including the BI service...
Thanks
Johnny

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're running it as a service and you are talking about the desktop version (akaConsole), just click the X in the upper right hand side and your done. It just closes the console part but leaves it running as a service in the background.

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks PSPCommOp. I was aware of that but (I think) the only way to stop the BI service is to go through task manager and stop it. And before that I need to stop BI Tools by x'ing it. Would be nice to have a simple "Shutdown" option somewhere that shutdowns BI Console if running, BI Service and BI Tools.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah but if you don't want it to run as a service, don't set it up to run as service. Open the console when you want it to work and then turn it off when you are done.

Most people don't have a need to shut them down, that's what makes it convenient, just turn it the PC on and go. So your question is confusing me a bit here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...(I think) the only way to stop the BI service is to go through task manager and stop it. And before that I need to stop BI Tools by x'ing it. Would be nice to have a simple "Shutdown" option somewhere that shutdowns BI Console if running, BI Service and BI Tools.
Shutting down Windows services from task manager is not a healthy proposition. To complete a graceful shutdown of a windows service you need to stop the Service using "Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services".

Alternatively you might also "Run As Administrator" the Windows Command Prompt to stop (or start) the Windows Blue Iris Services as follows...

C:\>Net Stop BlueIris

C:\>Net Start BlueIris

Last, to automate this process you could create a Windows batch file and execute the Net Start/Net Stop commands within the batch file which can be controlled in a variety of ways, including Windows Task Scheduler.

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow! So much information! I really appreciate all the info. I'm pretty new to BI and BI Tools. I only need to run my cams with BI a few hours a day. That's way I was looking for a graceful shutdown. I have much to learn and review from these comments! Many thanks! Johnny