How do I switch from one modem mfg to another using BlueIris

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had to switch from Netgear to Actiontec modems and now BlueIris is not seeing cameras. And in the Local internal LAN access window, it won't let me make any changes.....if that is one of the things that I need to do. Is this what I have to do to be up and running or is there more that I have to do? Also, Are all Dahua cameras .1.108 IPs with just different port numbers? Would appreciate some help on this problem......I am down with no video for security!!!

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds like you new modem is using a different IP range, was your old network 192.168.1.x? Look at your PC and see what address your new modem is using. You will need to login into the modem and change the IP structure to match your old IP network.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sounds like you new modem is using a different IP range, was your old network 192.168.1.x? Look at your PC and see what address your new modem is using. You will need to login into the modem and change the IP structure to match your old IP network.
@DG99 , thanks for the reply. A little more info. The new modem sees the cameras and has the addresses of 192.168.1.108 for both. But I can't see either using a browser. I'm trying to use BlueIris and thought maybe that is where some IP or other change has to be made but BI won't let me make any changes. Anyone know the correct procedure to make changes in the LAN settings in BlueIris without losing access to the program....as in Deactivate as if I were moving to a different computer etc?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
192.168.1.108 is the default IP of Dahua devices. I suggest changing them both to a static IP. Because they are currently the same IP (this is a bad thing), you will need to disconnect one of them in order to make the changes to 1st camera, then reconnect the 2nd cam and change it's IP, as well

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
192.168.1.108 is the default IP of Dahua devices. I suggest changing them both to a static IP. Because they are currently the same IP (this is a bad thing), you will need to disconnect one of them in order to make the changes to 1st camera, then reconnect the 2nd cam and change it's IP, as well
@SpacemanSpiff , could you tell me how to change to a static address or give me enough info to accomplish that feat?. And you listed the exact problem that I've been having with the 2. I kept having to disable 1 to see the other and then when both were enabled, 1 would make the other lose the video and back and forth.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Although the dahua web interface has a certain amount of consistency, your camera model numbers would be helpful at this point

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you have a laptop or cpu, you can just change its network card to 192.168.1.1. Then plug a camera into its ethernet port. Type 192.168.1.108, go to settings, then change it to the desired ip address under the network tab.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys, but there is too much information that's left out on these different locations for me to enter in the info not only where but also the exact info. Examples are subnet mask. default gateway......also, when I connect one of these cameras directly into my computers' Ethernet port,
my computer does not list it in the Device listings so I assume that it does not recognize the camera as such! Also, I'm afraid that if I make changes with IP addresses that I might not be able to undo and get back to what they were and then lose the ability to get back on the internet! I will research subject more and really appreciate the help offered and suggestions.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using Verizon FIOS? If so do you have TV services? It uses the ActionTec routers which is why I'm asking.

If so, then may be an easier way.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using Verizon FIOS? If so do you have TV services? It uses the ActionTec routers which is why I'm asking.

If so, then may be an easier way.
No, I'm using Kinetic/windstream and the router is Actiontec model T3260. What info do you have?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will need to do some studying.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will need to do some studying.
Thanks @looney2ns , I will read all of those .pdfs and then see if I can reconfigure these ip addy for the 2 cameras. I have read a lot of your responses to different questions and respect your knowledge and especially your help forum members!

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
No, I'm using Kinetic/windstream and the router is Actiontec model T3260. What info do you have?
With FIOS you can just move the ActionTec router behind yours on a separate subnet and preserve most all functions. Then there are no changes to your network, you just have another router behind it on its own with the gateway pointed to yours to provide connectivity out to the STBs. Don't know anything about Kinetic so not sure that would work in that case.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, there is a learning curve with the cameras, router, networking, modem. It can be overwhelming, but don't let the pesky electronic things get the best of you. Digest the information at your own pace, the group will do their best to assist you.

If the old netgear is of no value to you, beating it with a hammer in the driveway (be sure to wear safety goggles) can sometimes help vent your frustrations. At the least, it will make the neighbors think twice before trying to take advantage of you.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I have changed my main router and I had to re-learn everything. It's been a while since I did my setup, and I forgot almost everything.
Subnet mask usually is 255.255.255.0, Gateway is your main router's address(ex. 192.168.1.1), DNS could be multiple addresses, like 8.8.8.8 or so.
The kicker is, that in two weeks I'm switching to Frontier fiber, so I will have to redo everything again. At least I'm practicing now.
I had a hard time reconfiguring the 2 NIC cards + access from my phone via ui3 and openvpn. But I think, that I have got it now.

DWilks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I have changed my main router and I had to re-learn everything. It's been a while since I did my setup, and I forgot almost everything.
Subnet mask usually is 255.255.255.0, Gateway is your main router's address(ex. 192.168.1.1), DNS could be multiple addresses, like 8.8.8.8 or so.
The kicker is, that in two weeks I'm switching to Frontier fiber, so I will have to redo everything again. At least I'm practicing now.
I had a hard time reconfiguring the 2 NIC cards + access from my phone via ui3 and openvpn. But I think, that I have got it now.
Thanks for reply, @tibimakai . Just this morning, I got the IT tech from my Internet provider to edit the new router and now my 2 Dahua
cameras are both back to having no problems. He changed some items in their router and I did not get to see what changes however.
As far as I'm concerned, this forum thread is completed and I thank all that tried and offered help.