How do I transfer Dahua NVR/Camera settings to new Dahua NVR

vogeldp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am replacing my 16 channel NVR with 32 Channel and want to transfer all settings for NVR and Cameras including IVS profiles so that everything will be as before the swap out. BTW both are operating with NVR 4 software.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The cameras will retain all of their current settings, including IVS rules. You should be making all settings on the cameras themselves anyway not the NVR.

Simply use the NVR to record, should take 5 min to setup the recording schedule on the NVR once you plug the cameras in, one at a time.

vogeldp

n3wb
Reaction score
I did all IVS rules, image, etc settings via the NVR, but when I go to the cameras via the webui the IVS rules and other stuff are there too so Am I good to go with my swap?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes. They communicate/synch back and forth. Try and get in a habit of making all possible changes on the camera other than recording schedules. Sometimes the synch doesn’t work well if they originate on the NVR

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using the NVR built in PoE ports? Or external switch. Just do one at a time. Note the password ideally on the new NVR should be same as cameras. It makes things plug n play.

If you get a red indicator on the NVR registration page, usually because the camera and NVR pass are different. Use the edit (pencil) icon if so to tell the NVR the correct pass for the camera

vogeldp

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using the NVR built in PoE ports? Or external switch. Just do one at a time. Note the password ideally on the new NVR should be same as cameras. It makes things plug n play.

If you get a red indicator on the NVR registration page, usually because the camera and NVR pass are different. Use the edit (pencil) icon if so to tell the NVR the correct pass for the camera

vogeldp

n3wb
Reaction score

OK, Thanks for your input. I have done the pre setup of the new NVR and made all updates, PW etc only thing left to do is to change IP to static address.