How do I turn off audio when I save footage?

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm looking to turn off the audio selectively when saving footage from my Dahua DVR 5216-16P-4KS2E. The camera is a HDW5231R-ZE. I want to be able post footage without my neighborhood realizing there is audio on every cam. I could probably use a video editor as well but i lack all experience. Any help is appreciated

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this question also, but wish to stay in the DAV format for "evidence grade" footage. I don't want the relevant authority to know there's audio, because it's illegal.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
If the NVR has RCA jacks for video & audio, maybe only connect the video cable. Download video to a PC, or directly to a DVD burner....

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you can learn Blue Iris - you can master any video editor :) and they are super easy anyway.
from the legal perspective I have to wonder if there is another solution because if altered it would no longer truly be "evidence grade"
sometimes the solution is posting that the area is under audio/video surveillance

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I have this question also, but wish to stay in the DAV format for "evidence grade" footage. I don't want the relevant authority to know there's audio, because it's illegal.
not illegal in the states, as long as you have a posted sign saying that they are under video/audio surveillance 24/7

Reaction score
Just open a youtube account, and they will walk you through how to post your video. Also you can watch youtube videos on how to post a video. i want all audio that my cameras record. As it will be used against you in the court of law in this united state of america. If they do not want to be heard, then stay off my property.