How do y'all keep track of all these cams?

autobahn

n3wb
Reaction score
Seriously, I've been kinda dipping my toes into looking what I should get for a good system, and what I've found is that there's just this giant pile of models that you can pick from.

How do you keep them all straight and figure which will be best for your purchase?

I've found a few that look nice and have a price that fit my budget, but when I look here, youtube, etc I can barely find any example video from these cams and have no idea if they'd provide good results outside the specs given.

autobahn

n3wb
Reaction score
Like, in all the dahua cams, do all the letters mean zomething? -A vs -AS vs -Z vs -ZS?

autobahn

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Looks like a great camera.

My only concern is that these will be mounted much higher off the ground than normal soffits on a house would be, and can they be tilted downward?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they can be tilted and oriented and mounted in any direction you want.. its got full 3 axis adjustment.

mounting cameras higher than 8ft or so greatly reduces the capabilities to get a facial ID.. also the higher you install the camera the less distance it can see out beyond your target area.

autobahn

n3wb
Reaction score
they can be tilted and oriented and mounted in any direction you want.. its got full 3 axis adjustment.

mounting cameras higher than 8ft or so greatly reduces the capabilities to get a facial ID.. also the higher you install the camera the less distance it can see out beyond your target area.
Not much options. House is on a hillside and mounting it on the wall would be super ugly, just have high soffits. I'm going to have a lower mounted camera by the door. Thanks for the information.