How do you guys keep track of your IP cams, passwords etc?

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All my IP cams are assigned static IP's and each have a different password. I have been crating a CSS table to organize them.

Wondering what you guys do when you have a large network of devices to keep up with, i have 75 devices.

I use a CSS table because it's free and uses no software, no cloud.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I use a spreadsheet, Excel or whatever, and track IP, login info, switch(multiple switches), hardware acceleration, switch port, make, model, lens size, encoding, firmware, resolution, main stream rates, sub stream rates and in service dates. I'm thinking about a subdirectory with screen shots of all the critical settings as well, but I'm forever tinkering with them so that might not work out so well although I could use sub directories by date and keep historical records there that way Food for thought.

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the same issue. I only have 46 cameras that I need to remember IP addresses and passwords for. So far I can easily remember those. But as I add cameras I think it might be a good idea to have them recorded somewhere. There is a password manager called "Keeper" that I have been looking at. It securely remembers passwords across platforms. They have a trial program that I think I will try. There are many other password managers out there too.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use a spreadsheet, Excel or whatever, and track IP, login info, switch(multiple switches), hardware acceleration, switch port, make, model, lens size, encoding, firmware, resolution, main stream rates, sub stream rates and in service dates. I'm thinking about a subdirectory with screen shots of all the critical settings as well, but I'm forever tinkering with them so that might not work out so well although I could use sub directories by date and keep historical records there that way Food for thought.
It's a lot to keep up with. Using CSS and HTML you can create a link to easily find a device.

Excel can to probably.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I use the same login credentials but having a quickly available listing of those specifics is handy when firmware updates come along or questions come up about resolutions, specific model numbers and so on. All of my cameras are on a second NIC in the BI machine and can't be accessed from anywhere but there so having this spreadsheet is really handy. Yeah, it took a little time to put together the first time, but it's been worthwhile, so far.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since I only have five cameras I have a document with IP, password and a name for the camera.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have all of my cameras set to a static IP address in pfSense. There is a place on the Static Mapping page for hostname, description, and where I can save a password. I also have all of my IP addresses organized by area. Front Door cameras are 192.168.X.10-20. Driveway cams are 192.168.X.21-30. Side of the house cams 192.168.X.31-40. Etc. (X is the VLAN number that I use for my security cameras).

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine are all set to static IP and the IP addresses start from the back of my house sequentially working their way round the house to the front.

OCD maybe, was a right royal pain when I added more cams to the back of the house as I had to redo the addresses of all the others so that I could things sequential.

All credentials are the same, the cams are on their own subnetwork with no internet access.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I literally just have a small piece of paper with each camera's details written on it. It sits next to the NVR.

Old school and means the family can find information if they can't get into my PC.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For passwords: Bitwarden. For the rest excel sheet
Same for me. Bitwarden has been great and I can export a backup of it. My camera excel sheet tracks IP addresses, serial numbers, Mac addresses, SD card sizes, install dates, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk