How do you pass parameters to ASUS DDNS IP lookup via Blue Iris Tools?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone using ASUS DDNS and Blue Iris Tools for IP Address Lookup? Curious to know the format for passing the Hostname to the Query URL for ASUS DDNS lookup. See below....I added asus.com then provided the Query URL but I don't know the format to get it to work with their PHP.

1657749649780.png

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
normally it would be...

h t t p s : / / i p l o o k u p . a s u s . c o m / n s l o o k u p . p h p ? h o s t n a m e = t e s t​
(i cant find the proper un-link command as to keep the url as text rather than the board making it a hyperlink, so remove all the spaces)​
where test is the hostname within ASUSCOMM.COM to be queried; i.e. test.asuscomm.com

this syntax doesn't appear to work from their website using a browser, but does work using CURL

curl https:// iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php -d "hostname=test"​
(likewise here, remove the space between the / and i)​
<!DOCTYPE html>​
<html>​
<head>​
<title>ASUS Nslookup</title>​
</head>​
<body>​
Please input the ddns name to lookup<br>​
<form action="/nslookup.php" method="POST">​
<input type="text" name="hostname">.asuscomm.com<br>​
<input type="submit" value="lookup">​
</form>​
<p>​
Queried: test.asuscomm.com<br>​
Result: 89.104.16.153, ::f22f:74ff:fe6e:7f50 </p>​
</body>​
</html>​

i'm not using any of the additional additional BI Tools, so i'm not able to test/validate the utility in question.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
(i cant find the proper un-link command as to keep the url as text rather than the board making it a hyperlink, so remove all the spaces)
FWIW, it's under "Insert" (3 dot drop-down menu to right of smiley face) then "</> CODE "