How do you program BI to move a camera when a profile is selected?

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I'm trying make it so that when I either manually choose a BI profile or it's selected as part of a schedule, the camera moves to that position right away and not only after a trigger. I see the option for the camera to move there when triggered but if the camera is pointed at a different location from a previous profile, it may not trigger for the newly selected profile area. I would assume there is a function where the camera automatically moves to it's preset when the profile it selected but I can't for the life of me find it.

I tried to fake it out in the PTZ presets by turning off all profiles in the Auto Cycle section except for the one desired but it still doesn't move during Auto Cycle. There is a work-around (although probably not the right way) to make it work but it involves wasting an additional profile that is an exact copy of the correct one and then selecting both profiles in Auto Cycle. Please tell me there is an easier way.

miniteeg

n3wb
Reaction score
Look at "Event Schedule" under the camera schedule tab. You can have the camera move to a preset PTZ position at times that match your schedule timing, assuming you have set schedule for each profile. You can set the PTZ preset positions at the main page.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is not a way to have a PTZ camera preset change based on a profile being activated. I wish there was and would be a nice feature for a update. Like miniteeg said, if you go to the ptz cam settings > schedule > event schedule you can have a PTZ cam move to a preset based on the time of day but currently no way based on profile

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Phew! I'm not going crazy. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll try the fake out method I came up with until hopefully this feature shows up in a future update or I need those presets for additional cameras. Is there a forum section to post wanted features? BTW, new guy here and love the site. I will post an official "hello" in the New Member Intros"right now.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Phew! I'm not going crazy. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll try the fake out method I came up with until hopefully this feature shows up in a future update or I need those presets for additional cameras. Is there a forum section to post wanted features? BTW, new guy here and love the site. I will post an official "hello" in the New Member Intros"right now.
Email support, the author does not have any connection to this site.