How do you seal an unused 12V Connector on the camera?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As per title: How do you seal an unused 12V Connector on the camera?
Do you apply some dielectric grease, then self fusing vulcanizing tape?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I just wrap it with electric tape. None of my loose/unused connections are exposed to direct water contact anyway.

abc1230

n3wb
Reaction score
Yikes - I’m only just getting started with a few turret cams installed under soffits, but I didn’t do anything to the unused connections. Seems so logical to at least wrap them up, feel pretty silly now. Spent bunch of time making sure the rj45 connection was perfectly terminated, covered in grease, electric taped, silicone taped, etc. and completely disregarded everything else. Guess I can open the junction boxes back up or at least address in my future installs.

Does anyone just leave these connections uncovered?

Keizer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yikes - I’m only just getting started with a few turret cams installed under soffits, but I didn’t do anything to the unused connections. Seems so logical to at least wrap them up, feel pretty silly now. Spent bunch of time making sure the rj45 connection was perfectly terminated, covered in grease, electric taped, silicone taped, etc. and completely disregarded everything else. Guess I can open the junction boxes back up or at least address in my future installs.

Does anyone just leave these connections uncovered?
I didn't do anything to any of the other connections on all my cameras. Everything is tucked away inside my enclosed soffits. I didn't do anything with the extra wires on my previous camera system either and they were all working perfectly after years of service.