how do you use PTZ auto-track/tour/scan/pattern/pan/time tasks?

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a DH-SD59225U-HNI and would like to hear how the rest of you use some of the various PTZ functions on any model of camera, whether it be at home just for fun or for more serious security. This forum has many posts with people setting up the auto-tracking, but how/when do people use the other PTZ features such as a tour or time tasks with presets? For example, if you are doing a tour or scanning, what is your goal and are you doing that continuously during the day or just at specific times or ???

Allow me to offer a creative example to get the conversation going. I find that deer appear at night in a smaller area that doesn't do a good job triggering auto-tracking (at night) unless I'm already zoomed in. So at least until I get tired of capturing deer and decide to try something else, I'm going to set up a time task to move at night to a specific preset with an IVS config tuned to trigger and then auto-track on the deer. In the morning, I'll use another time task to move back to more of an overview preset with it's own IVS configuration. I just set this up so I can't report on how well it will work, but I offer it as an example of a specific use-case.

So please share how you're using these more advanced PTZ functions, whether it be for professional security or just for fun.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have an SD52C225U-HNI bought from @EMPIRETECANDY which works very well at tracking people in my front garden, just in case they go out of shot of fixed cameras.
Despite it not having IR it seems to work quite well at night using IR light from other fixed cams.

I also have a SD59230U-HNI, which is great picture, but i'm having a bit of trouble getting auto tracking to work as well as this cam.

Last edited: