How good is the POE power supply DAHUA

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Need your thoughts and advice on POE power. DAHUA , I am running a NVR5416 - 16p-4KS2 . 16 ports (IEEE802.3af/at).

Lets say I am running 12 cameras , all DAHUA :
4 fixed with IR for indoor use
2 lite PTZ cameras with IR for outdoor
2 motorized lens , IR cameras for outdoor
4 fixed with IR for outdoor

Do you think the NVR POE would be overloaded with power consumption ?
Should a separate POE unit be installed to supply power to certain cameras ?

Your thoughts ?

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your not gonna come close to overloading it.. it should be capable of providing ~25W out each port simultaneously..

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The specs say 150 watt max for the poe total, more than 10 watts average for each of 12 cameras. You just have to crunch the numbers. Offhand I'd think you'd have to be actively operating ptz on every camera to bust the limit.

Brian Martin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The specs say 150 watt max for the poe total, more than 10 watts average for each of 12 cameras. You just have to crunch the numbers. Offhand I'd think you'd have to be actively operating ptz on every camera to bust the limit.
That is good to know. I don't plan on operating all cams at once. It would be cool....

I was just worried about over taxing the power supply and having a early burnt out. When I took the covers off to install my HDD the power supply looked pretty beefy. I think the key is also keeping them cool. I installed the NVR in my server rack which is in the basement so it will be nice and comfortable. I also have a rack fan I can set with a temp limit so if it goes over a preset the fan will kick on and give it the artic chillll...

Thanks for your wisdom..

By the way I reached our to Andy this morning. Waiting on him to give me some prices on a few cams you suggested.

I will let you know what I start with. Buying cams one at a time and methodically placing them. Don't want to get stuck with a bunch of cams and then say, WHY did I buy that one... Also the piggy bank needs time to replenish.