How hard does your GPU work?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So when it groups, how does it look on the website - does it only give you one image and is the best of the two, or do you still get both?

Yeah I am not sure if it has an auto update.

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is another example, my false positives have gone through the roof with this new version. With grouping, this would have been a non issue.

I record several plates that are bent or damaged, only with the grouping is it possible to capture the correct plate.

I have already sent an email to their support, hopefully they can fix this.

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So when it groups, how does it look on the website - does it only give you one image and is the best of the two, or do you still get both?

Yeah I am not sure if it has an auto update.
You get a single image.

The way you can tell it is working is the Group Duration time that they list. If it is data from a single camera the group time may be .5 of a second or 1 second etc, depending on the speed of the car.

In my case I have the group time set to 15 seconds, which is enough time for the vehicle to pass through both cameras.

When that happens, I will get a group time of 8 - 12 seconds usually.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome - learned something new - thanks!

I noticed that in the advanced setting is has check boxes to use GPU - is yours checked?

I do not have a video card, but have the intel CPU with GPU in it - would I be better off to use that do you know?

Robert G.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome - learned something new - thanks!

I noticed that in the advanced setting is has check boxes to use GPU - is yours checked?

I do not have a video card, but have the intel CPU with GPU in it - would I be better off to use that do you know?
Yes, I have GPU checked. It only supports NVIDIA GPU, if you have one it can probably use it.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I upgraded to 4.1.1 one of my cameras stopped sending groups, i had to delete and re-add the camera to get it to send groups again.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Your CPU usage issue is probably just that old Ivy Bridge you are running at that very low clock speed. I'm running it in a Ubuntu VM with only 4 cores assigned (Ryzen 1600AF host) and my 15 minute load average is only 1.75. I've never used OpenALPR with a GPU but it is disappointing that you report that CPU usage isn't really affected much when using one.

I just emailed Rekor the other day and asked when the 4.1.1 was going to drop for platforms other than Docker since its been in the Docker hub for months now. They said "We don't know". And now here it is...

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Your CPU usage issue is probably just that old Ivy Bridge you are running at that very low clock speed. I'm running it in a Ubuntu VM with only 4 cores assigned (Ryzen 1600AF host) and my 15 minute load average is only 1.75. I've never used OpenALPR with a GPU but it is disappointing that you report that CPU usage isn't really affected much when using one.

I just emailed Rekor the other day and asked when the 4.1.1 was going to drop for platforms other than Docker since its been in the Docker hub for months now. They said "We don't know". And now here it is...
lol i asked the same thing 4.1.1 changelog