How hot does your DS-2CD3345-I run?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got this the other day. I configured it with SADP and it has been running inside my house (70f) for a few days. I noticed it was warm and I checked it with an IR temperature sensor. It was reading 102f. Is this normal? It is currently set at 2560 x 1440 at 25fps.
Thanks!
John

Last edited by a moderator:

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was in the process of moving the cam outside when I posted this. I just checked, it is 31f outside, my 2332 3mp is reading 48f and the 3345 is reading 59f. That seems okay. Not sure if I need to be concerned about summer or not though.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
102 doesn't sound too, that's sub 40 in proper figures, if the IR has been running that wouldn't surprise me.

I've got an IR temp sensor so will try some of mine but it's zero degrees outside.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
102 doesn't sound too, that's sub 40 in proper figures, if the IR has been running that wouldn't surprise me.

I've got an IR temp sensor so will try some of mine but it's zero degrees outside.
It probably was running IR at the time since the room was dark. Good point. Still seems warm though. I wish the whole housing was made of metal instead of just the 'eye ball' portion being metal...