How i connect my ip camera nvr recorder that does not have the same local network

sakurai

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a recorder Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 / P which is connected to the LAN cable 6 pcs of cameras. Now I would like to add one more camera that is not on the same network. It is physically different cities. Camera modem has opened the gates 8000 and 9979 and the remote browser works well. How to get it added to the recorder.

Thanks

sakurai

n3wb
Reaction score
site to site VPN tunnel perhaps?
Hello.

Thanks for the reply . I put the NVR settings of the external IP address of the camera. I got a camera view but I have not managed to do it any more the second time. I do not understand what I do now differently.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can use a Hikvision NVR to record a remote Hikvision IP camera with no problem, if the ports are open, the bandwidth is enough, etc.

sakurai

n3wb
Reaction score
You can use a Hikvision NVR to record a remote Hikvision IP camera with no problem, if the ports are open, the bandwidth is enough, etc.
I got it to work once already but I do not any more the second time. As I recall, I put the ip address, port, username, password, and so the camera started to appear. Ports forwards is ok because the camera works well for remote access in firefox and mobile ivms4500.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got it to work once already but I do not any more the second time. As I recall, I put the ip address, port, username, password, and so the camera started to appear. Ports forwards is ok because the camera works well for remote access in firefox and mobile ivms4500.
Yes, that is how to do it. You need to forward the SDK port on the IPC (by default, 8000). And you will just need to add the IPC on the NVR normally, but using the public IP of the connection where the camera sits on. It needs to be a fixed IP, or you will need to use a DDNS service. I have not tried that, but I "assume" that you can also use a name for the camera, and it does not need to be a numeric IP.

You can NOT use Hikvision's Hik-online DDNS service, which kinda sucks :( That would be a nice addition to future firmwares, but I do not count on it.

sakurai

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, that is how to do it. You need to forward the SDK port on the IPC (by default, 8000). And you will just need to add the IPC on the NVR normally, but using the public IP of the connection where the camera sits on. It needs to be a fixed IP, or you will need to use a DDNS service. I have not tried that, but I "assume" that you can also use a name for the camera, and it does not need to be a numeric IP.

You can NOT use Hikvision's Hik-online DDNS service, which kinda sucks :( That would be a nice addition to future firmwares, but I do not count on it.

Port 8000 is open. Ivms 4500 uses the same port. I've tried the No-IP service that works in browser and Ivms4500 that works well. I also tried directly to the public ip address. I wonder if that is causing the NVR's own dhcp problem, however, in the case of the device's own port PoE