How many can you fit on an ATV?

Reaction score
The sheer number of traffic offenses in your neighborhood would pay for the local PD’s overtime to have an officer out there writing citations.
I know, i have been reporting to my local sub station and leaving them with flash drives of all the incidents. They have beefed up patrol in the area, they pass by once a day, they just don't park and wait. So until they park at wait it will continue, and i hope no one is hurt in the meantime.

Reaction score
If I were the chief/sheriff, I’d get a fully qualified reserve officer (meaning no pay, but state certified). The requirements for the position would be traffic offenses only and if use of force escalation seemed imminent to tactically retreat and let the full timers take over. This would require a full time beat officer in the area.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those antics on the ATV remind me of what my wife, a hospital RN retired after 25 years with 6 of those years consisting of ER duty, would tell me:
Her and her co-workers in the ER would see the results of such antics and called them, discretely, a "...Hey y'all...watch this!" episode. :smash:

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Those antics on the ATV remind me of what my wife, a hospital RN retired after 25 years with 6 of those years consisting of ER duty, would tell me:
Her and her co-workers in the ER would see the results of such antics and called them, discretely, a "...Hey y'all...watch this!" episode. :smash:
I've always referred to them as "organ donors"

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ask for a directed patrol. It'll lock specific time to your intersection. They'll assign an officer to be there every day for x minutes at random times. At least that's how it used to work in Florida years ago. They'd have an officer spend his "between calls" time in a spot where he can snag offenders. Worked great for my stop sign runners. Effects would last several weeks, then I'd renew the request. With it being random, people never knew when the snake would bite....

Reaction score
Ask for a directed patrol. It'll lock specific time to your intersection. They'll assign an officer to be there every day for x minutes at random times. At least that's how it used to work in Florida years ago. They'd have an officer spend his "between calls" time in a spot where he can snag offenders. Worked great for my stop sign runners. Effects would last several weeks, then I'd renew the request. With it being random, people never knew when the snake would bite....
Awesome thanks I'll stop by the substation and fill out another request with the term directed patrol and see it they will sit there and wait.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Not only the stop sign gets breached, taking the turn so far to the left is not healthy either: if an ambulance comes from the left shoulder and swamps to the right, the ATV gets crumbled, together with all these "kiddos". Helmets? Gloves?

At least the head- and rearlights were on! :p

Reaction score
Not only the stop sign gets breached, taking the turn so far to the left is not healthy either: if an ambulance comes from the left shoulder and swamps to the right, the ATV gets crumbled, together with all these "kiddos". Helmets? Gloves?

At least the head- and rearlights were on! :p
Ha i know, they never wear helmets, when i see them riding around here.