How many of you wear "hoodies" in normal life?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Just curious...how many of you own a hoodie and wear it regularly with the hood over your head. Maybe this is a cold climate region question. I don't know that I know a single person who wears the hood on his hoodie much less owns a hoodie but I live in Florida.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I live in NJ and own, and wear, hoodies all the time during cooler weather. I wear hats, though, and rarely use the hood.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NJ resident here. Hoodie worn on the days I go to work and when I work around the house. If it is cold and windy the hood goes up. A large percentage of people I see when I go to work have hoodies

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a hoodie and a fleece. Most of the time I'll be in a fleece, but other times I'll be wearing a hoodie (I never use the hooded part unless its raining) instead of a down jacket due to comfort.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple and mostly wear them in the house or if it’s slightly chilly when going out for a walk but never with the hood up or zipped up.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do all the time. Hoodies are great for keeping the neck and head warm. I won't buy a jacket without one, usually from Costco.
Crap, I even sleep with a hoodie sweatshirt. Furnance temp down, hoodie up for added warmth. Maybe I should move to Orlando. Old enough to fit in now.

Reaction score
Hoody is my primary cool weather go-to, but never with the hood up unless it’s awful out (blowing snow etc). Sometimes wear it as a second layer under a thinsulate jacket when its around freezing but not quite Carhart winter coat weather. Not sure if they have these everywhere, but in the Midwest you can get them lined with fleece-like layer makes them warmer than many light coats.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Proper name for this attire is "bunny hug".

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tend to leave the hoodie down for neck-warming duties and put a beanie on my chromedome. However if the breeze is cold enough, I go urban gangsta.

I don't really like the loss of peripheral vision.

8urt0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I live in the north area of Australia .. North Queensland.. hot humid climate. We do have certain young black skinned individuals who wear hoodies in the streets at night. We also have a huge crime problem with most being youth offenders. Wearing a hoodie in Townsville... 99.9999%youth criminal.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wear one a lot but never use the hood. Never really understood why people have the hood up in their cars, inside buildings etc. Always look suspicious.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I live in Southern California and virtually never wear one. The hood on my jacket is about it when the weather warrants it.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly, whomever coined the phrase "hoodie" needs slapped up side the head.
I had another sub-rant typed up about being a grown man with a family and a job. But it sounded too "old man yells at cloud" for my liking.