How many port (forwarding) do I need on DS-2CD4126FWD-IZHZ

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most common may be port 80, 443, 554 and 8000 but as I will use ftp which possibly need 21. Some websites mention 22, 8200, 9010 and 7001. From this camera I also can sendt email and may be need a port for that.

What does 443,554 and 22, 8200, 9010 and 7001 do?

I don't like to open ports that I don't need. What is the minimum port-numbers?

Another question: Should the ports only be opened on the router and not on the camera?

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's not recommended to open any ports and use a vpn instead
VPN Primer for Noobs

If you really want to open ports:
554 for RTSP
80 for HTTP or 443 for HTTPS
8000 is server port.

Optionally:
22 is SSH - (Not to be opened unless really needed)
8200 is for miniDLNA
I have no idea what are 7001 and 8200 for.

Usually port 21 does not need to be opened if the camera uses a FTP server outside the network and the traffic is outgoing. If the FTP server is behind the router and traffic is incoming it has to be opened in order to use it from outside the local network.

I think ports are open already on the camera or open when the service is enabled.

llarsx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hallo fellow Scandinavian in Finland.

Spite my camera is one of the best and can do almost everything it couldn't connect to Hik-connect. Therefore I go for no-ip and there use my own domain (paid security there). Can I still go for a VPN? I wish to reach the camera from elsewhere.

My router is an Inteno 150B and I have seen that it have VPN.

I have read the VPN primer and it seems great, but before I go further I like to give my whole LAN:
2x Nanobeam with router in the other end (200 m away)
5-10 mobil and ipads
2-5 computers (in the high season else one)
1 camera as described

Can I use VPN only and only on the camera or must every device have the same?

The Nanobeams and the camera has very secure passwords but can they be hacked via the routers ip? It should not be possible even if I use port forward. Therefore I am unsure about VPN.

Regards for southern Norway,
llarsx

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hei

I'm not 100% sure if the router supports it but if there is an option to use Ipsec or OpenVPN tunnel (Not passthrough) it will work. You have to use direct ip if the router does not support No-ip (or another external device like raspberry pi)

The tunnel just basically lets you use all local network devices including the Nanobeams, mobile devices and computers but if you have good authentication and keep the software up to date it's pretty safe. Nothing is unbreakable.

I'm running OpenVPN on a Raspberry PI so I can access everything connected to local network. I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial here somewhere how to enable it.

I'm not a expert so if I'm wrong someone can correct things.

-E0007

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Spite my camera is one of the best and can do almost everything it couldn't connect to Hik-connect. Therefore I go for no-ip and there use my own domain (paid security there). Can I still go for a VPN? I wish to reach the camera from elsewhere.
You are confused. no-ip provides ZERO security. None at all.