How Move BI to a 2nd Monitor?

rkruz3

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm evaluating a demo version of Blue Iris. I have a dual monitor setup with an Nvidia 4700 GPU. How can I move BI to view on the 2nd monitor?
I can't drag the BI window, nor can I find any setup controls to move the BI display.

Also, I have a 4K setup. How can I determine from the BI user interface if BI is being output to the monitors?

Any tips appreciated. Thanks!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a dual monitor setup with an Nvidia 4700 GPU. How can I move BI to view on the 2nd monitor?
I can't drag the BI window, nor can I find any setup controls to move the BI display.
You may need to un-maximize the window with the middle button at the upper right corner:

1698349929018.png

Also, I have a 4K setup. How can I determine from the BI user interface if BI is being output to the monitors?
With your eyes. I'm not sure if I understand the question.

Look in the top bar above the cameras for the pencil-in-box icon:

1698349983971.png

If you click that, you enter the "edit layout" mode and you can right click in the video area to access a menu of options, including "open in desktop frame". This lets you create 1 or more additional windows which you can drag and drop cameras into, and you can put the windows wherever you want on any monitor.

rkruz3

n3wb
Reaction score
OK. Thanks There is a hand that appears when on the very edge of the window and now I can move the window.

Im looking for a display BI setting that shows that BI is outputing in 4096 x 2160 vs 1080P for example.

I used to see several layout options like 1:7 now i cant find any layout selection. Are those layouts still available?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to see several layout options like 1:7 now i cant find any layout selection. Are those layouts still available?
They are no longer available that I know of. You would need to use the new "edit layout" mode as I described in my previous post. It has far more capabilities at the expense of being more complicated to configure.