How much did your system cost you?

Reaction score
After buying Chinese-firmware cameras and realizing they didn’t work very well at all I went searching the Internet for information and found this site. Wow, what a difference!

I now have the majority of my cameras from Andy and repurposed a Dell i7-10700F with Nividia RTX 2060, 256 Gb SSD and a 12 Tb purple drive.

Our net is all UniFi, we have a VPN working, Deepstack is working and we have two RCA tablets that show the cameras’ views.

All told, north of 4k but worth it.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Aren't you worried about fire?
No, absolutely not, I was an SFX technician for the cinema; I know the flash powder perfectly. The flash powder does not produce a flame when well dosed. Only a very violent shock wave. I can detonate flash powder with a pool of gasoline on the ground, the gasoline won't ignite.

BICK

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So when you get an alert that a 'person' is detected you kick off some flash powder in some automated fashion?
If I am visually sure that someone is stealing something from my home and I see him on camera, yes, I instantly activate a 3 gram flash powder charge from a distance. The theoretical result is that the person will feel unwell in the worst case.
absolutely no human being can resist this experience, I myself suffered it.
BICK

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can show you yes , flash powder is easy to do ... only 2 products very easy to find in poland :)
Potassium perchlorate and Aluminium dark pyro. (70-30 ratio).

but beware it is an easy to use product but you have to respect it otherwise you pay the price very quickly. it's a bit like someone handling a snake at home ... everything is fine he pays attention and one day he is not serious and the snake bites him ... except that the snake is a cobra :)

BICK

ptzman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After my wife read my posts about my outdoor exercising activities to aid me in fighting this cameras-itis disease and seeing a new $100 6x6x16 foot virgin pole that sprung up in our yard out of nowhere that I could not explain, I told her she knew I was outdoors for long periods of time and that she did not come out to check on my wellbeing not one time and that she needed to share in the cost of my treatments. She asked me how much I have spent, I said not as much as the guys on this website. Well guys I will be off for a while, I need to do a spreadsheet of my total cost of all my treatments. Remember to always log off.20220904_143707[30604]crop.jpg

Reaction score
If I am visually sure that someone is stealing something from my home and I see him on camera, yes, I instantly activate a 3 gram flash powder charge from a distance. The theoretical result is that the person will feel unwell in the worst case.
absolutely no human being can resist this experience, I myself suffered it.
BICK
I pity the fool who messes with your house.