How often do you clean your camera lenses?

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How often do you clean your camera lenses and what do you clean them with?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Once a month on average unless we get a nasty storm with wind that throws a bunch of junk at them. Usually a simply moist paper towel...after first swiping with a clean tissue to make sure no sand granules get scraped across the glass...

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Never do really. All cameras are mounted under soffit and I don't have any issues. A few times a year I have to grab the duster on the extension pole to clean up a few spider webs, but that's it.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I got lazy and hadn't done it in five months or so. It's one of the best things to do to regain the great picture a camera gave you initially. No matter how protected you think your camera is, the lens always gets dirty. Well worth cleaning them.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you mean actually getting a cleaning solutions and cloths to clean off the lenses, never. If you mean sweeping cobwebs, that seems like a twice a day chore lately.

Wayne

GFM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea those spiders... Always a web somewhere close to the camera lens that causes erronious triggering. I try to sweep around the front of the cameras every evening. Don't really ever actually clean the lenses though, they seem to stay clean.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not had to clean any of mine except for an occasional spider web. I only have bullets, turrets and 4 Huisun PTZ V1 camras.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ive got one 5231 Starlight on the side of my barn completely exposed to all the elements, sun 24/7 and rain. I'm amazed at how the picture is always good. Sometimes when it rains i Wil see a few drops on the lens, but that clears up quickly. Maybe it is dirty and i just don't know it... But it seems good. Been up for 3 months now. My old Hosafe bullet that was in that location was always good too.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I didn't clean mine for 6 months as they were not accessible through winter. The constant rain and snow kept them pretty clean. Then I noticed my 30x didnt have fine details when zoomed. I cleaned it and what a difference it really made like @Shockwave199 said. You dont notice the difference until you clean it.

I put a thin layer of vaseline around my camera housing near the front and that had substantially lowered the number of spider and spider webs in my camera view.

TheSuperServer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My 5231's under my eves have been staying super clean. I just cleaned both my PTZ lenses and it's like night and day with the night clarity.