How to access shutter speeds for a HDW-3841T-ZAS camera

gregip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use this camera to monitor some sheds about 50m away. I've zoomed in a little and set the intrusion zone around the perimeter. Daytime intrusion alarms work fine but at night there is too much ghosting of the image for the alarm to function. Bit rate is set at the highest (8192 for mainstream and 1280 for sub stream1). FPS is set at 15. Resolution is set to the highest (380x2160 mainstream and 704x576 sub stream 1). Compression is H.264. I frame interval is 15.

Accessing the web page on the camera directly (via Internet Explorer) doesn't give me anything extra to modify and I was a little disappointed to see there is no option to alter shutter speed. I noticed that some of the parameters I set via the NVR are not the same as the parameters I discovered on the camera (via IE) so I set them again on the camera's web GUI.

Am I missing something to find the shutter speed? Suggestions welcomed.
I'm assuming some fiddling with shutter speed may fix the ghosting problem but if this is not so feel free to correct me.

gregip

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks tigerwillow1, you are correct so thanks for the tip. I must have had a blind episode not to see it.
Lowering the shutter speed and fiddling with the gain improved the situation but not well enough. I'll buy an infrared spotlight to light up everything and hopefully that will enable the intrusion detection to work well at night.
Of course, all suggestions from forum members welcomed.