How to Add IP Villa VTO Intercom to PoE NVR?

Reaction score
I have a VTO intercom and the VTH screen. When I plug the VTO and VTH into my 8-port PoE NVR, nothing shows up. I also cannot find the VTO from my VTH's Device List this way.

If I plug the VTO and VTH into a PoE Switch, and then the PoE Switch into my NVR... I can then see the VTO from my VTH's Device List and get it working that way.

However, they both still do not show up at all in my NVR's Camera list.

I'd like to be able to manage my VTO from my NVR along with my other IP Cameras. And also be able to take calls from the VTO via my Phone, ideally. Is there a way to do this? What am I missing?

Reaction score
Have you configured the SIP server of the VTO and connect the VTH that way? Then you can use DMSS to access your intercom and NVR in one app.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How many threads to you want to start on this topic?!

- VTH/VTO devices cannot be "managed" through the NVR

- VTO/VTH is a standalone system itself.

- VTO devices need direct internet access to work with DMSS. If you want to call VTH only, internet is not needed

- The poe NVR has two different networks. One is the Lan Port and one is all poe ports. The Poe network has no internet/lan access in default configuration and other limitations. Its nearly impossible to get this working with VTH/VTO

- only thing easy possible is to add the VTO from the Lan side to the NVR.
(with external poe switch on lan side)

but

its only possible to record 24/7. If your NVR can use AI features on NVR itself then it might be possible to get motion detection on this channel. But you wont receive any call events marked up in the timeline.

Reaction score
Thanks finally got it to work. It turns out my NVR doesn't have any outbound internet PoE ports and the VTO/VTH has to have direct internet access like you noted. So even having my PoE switch go into my NVR was the piece that was messing things up. I put the PoE switch to the Router instead and everything is up and running and added into the NVR.