How to adjust Dahua Day/Night switch sensitivity?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've got my new 5631RP-ZE largely dialed in to the way I want them to work with one exception:

I need it to switch to Night mode sooner, and stay in light mode later. As it is, it is overly biased to stay in Day (color) mode to the point where I get blurry late-twilight images. As soon as it switches to night I get crisp black and white shots. But nowhere in the web GUI does it seem to allow me to adjust this. I am using this firmware:

Dahua version.jpg
I'm set for profile management using Day/Night:

Dahua Profile Management.jpg

And I've got my exposure settings for night and day set (I've adjusted Day to shorter exposure since this screenshot was taken):

Dahua Day Exposure.jpgDahua Night Exposure.jpg

But I haven't found a control that lets me adjust the bias for how sensitive the day/night switch is. Please help.

All my cameras are run through BI if this helps. Currently running BI4, upgrading soon to BI5.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
For me the sensitivity is greyed out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Set profile to Normal, save, then adjust the sensitivity , save, set again the profile to day/night.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Set profile to Normal, save, then adjust the sensitivity , save, set again the profile to day/night.
Is there a good reference somewhere to the differences between Day/Night and Normal? I thought Normal just used one set of parameters thoughout the whole day. I need different exposure/gain etc. settings for daytime versus night.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Right, hence my confusion.

What I want is basically, when it is light enough out, switch to Day mode. When it's too dark, switch to Night mode. Err on the side of Dark mode. Schedule doesn't work because there's a big difference in illumination depending on the day's weather. A rainy morning is much darker than a clear one, at a given time of day.

So, I don't understand how, in Day/Night mode, to adjust the bias of switching to be more Night-biased.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I am able to go to Schedule, set the parameters, save and then switch to Day/Night and save, and it holds the settings.