How to automatically reposition camera to home preset

fishinforfacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a camera that has 5 presets. Normally the camera is set to monitor preset 1 where I have zones set up. I have this camera at my winter home and monitor using Blue Iris from my summer home, I use the other presets to just look around my property and the zones I have set up are essentially for the camera and not the preset. I also use the Pan and Tilt feature as well. My concern is that if I get distracted and forget to put the camera back on preset 1, I either get triggers that I don't care about or get no triggers at all until the next time I check it which is usually at the end of each day. Is there a way to have the camera automatically reset back to preset 1 after a set amount of time with no activity like there is with Resume cycle on auto cycle patrol in the PTZ control. Thanks.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You do not state what type of PTZ cam you have. The Dahua cam has a setting in PTZ GUI that camera goes back to a particular preset after a time out. Have you looked in the cameras GUI?

fishinforfacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You do not state what type of PTZ cam you have. The Dahua cam has a setting in PTZ GUI that camera goes back to a particular preset after a time out. Have you looked in the cameras GUI?
I had before and have checked it again. The camera is a Hikvision DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3. It is possible that I am just looking in the wrong place.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a way to have the camera automatically reset back to preset 1 after a set amount of time with no activity
The key is to add the ’home’ preset to your camera’s event schedule and tweak a few settings.
See this thread...

Last edited:

fishinforfacts

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The key is is add the ’home’ preset to your camera’s event schedule tweak a few settings.
See this thread...
Thank you. Got it to work, Appreciate the help