How to change day-night moment in config on an iPad? (SOLVED!)

Peter vB

n3wb
Reaction score
Stupid question maybe, but I'm gonna ask it anyway :)

I use an iPad Pro as my main computer.
I can do anything on it an some things even better than on a desktop computer.
But one one thing....

If I want to set the time schedule profile when my iP-cam (a Dahua IPC-HDBW3449EP-AS-NI) needs to change from day to night profile and vice versa, than I can't do that on my iPad (because I'm not able to set the time - the "time-line" is selected instead and that doesn't work).
I need to crank up my old Mac, that takes the good part of 15 minutes, before it's awake and then I can change the 2 times.
But I want to do that on my iPad Pro.

Anyone else having this same problem or does it work for you and how?
Let me know please!

Thanks in advance !!

Attachments

Last edited:

Peter vB

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh wow, I found a solution!
When you have a bluetooth Magic Mouse attached to your iPad you'll get a pointer.
With that pointer I can click on the time-buttons and slide them to the left or right and change the time !!

It seems that there is no other way to have that same pointer working with your finger or with the Apple Pencil.
When I tried to do that with the Pencil or finger, than each time I selected the time bar and I couldn't change anything.
But with the mouse it works!

Been looking for a way to change the day/night time on my iPad for more than a year !!
I post the solution here in case someone else has trouble with this

vidman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How are you able to get to that screen from an ipad? When I log into my nvr web gui, the E icon that takes you to a cameras page doesn’t function.

Peter vB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Vidman,

I open Firefox on my iPad, enter the IP address of my IP-cam: in my case 192.168.178.108 and I get a login panel.
See attached screenshot!
Oh, the IP-cam fresh out of the box had an IP-address that was outside of my router's IP-range.
So I had to forward that address to the current address, so I could reach it from my network.
And to be clear: I don't use a nvr, just the IP-cam.

CC3CDCFA-92C4-47DE-BD4C-0EC17FA99AE1.jpeg

Last edited: