How to clone Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3 Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME doorbells with a card reader DS-KD-M and a keypad DS-KD-KP. Two of them are on the doors at our house and the third one is as spare system. I want to clone settings to this this spare system but it doesn't seem to work. All the doorbells have same firmware version (v2.0.8 build 200701). This might be somewhat old but I don't want to upgrade to a newer one because I nearly bricked one of the KD8003 units last year so I had to send it to a reseller who managed to reset it. I have created configuration files for both outdoor units last year.

I would like to clone the settings to the third system by importing a configuration file but I get an error message in iVMS4200 (version 3.8.1.4), see attached screenshot. I get same error message when using Batch Configuration software. Somehow I have now managed to screw up my second system and when trying to import the configuration file created for this system I get same error message. Of course I have tried Restore Default Settings/Restore All but these didn't help. All my units are Online in iVMS. Basically I would like to copy the cards and access codes to KD8003 systems which are not working at the moment. Any ideas what causes this problem? I have to admit that I'm getting really frustrated with the Hikvision KD8003.

Attachments

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if its only the cards you want, i think you can import them seperately? but i think you need to upgrade, i see indeed a new "user" section

1666707893536.png

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
or maybe try an older ivms thats , maybe there is somekind of incompatibility, because you are still running an verry old firmware with old interface

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. What iVMS version are you using? I have 3.8.1.4. Somehow I have been hesitating to upgrade the firmware because I nearly bricked one of my KD8003 so I had to send it to a reseller. I am also not quite familiar from where to download a newer firmware.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, still using 3.6.1.5 ;)

yeah, indeed, dont upgrade indeed to the latest one, you need to upgrade first to the first security 2.0 firmware, that one will do a factory reset , i believe it was 2.2.50
afterwards you can upgrade to the latest 2.0 security firmware 2.2.56

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. How about the submodules (card reader, keypad) , do I need to upgrade them as well?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not sure if its needed, dont think there are newer versions anyway, you can see it on the portal i showed you
dont think you can brick a device by upgrading submodules

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, thanks. I'll try to upgrade first my spare KD8003 and if it works then I will do the same thing for my other units.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
good luck :)
remember, the first upgrade to security 2.0 will reset your device completely

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah , I don't use that person section anymore, I use the "user" section to import/export... In screenshot I posted before

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My "user" section doesn't show any users and I can't see any button for importing users.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah , well they are created there when you use the master badge card to create users

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No idea, I don't use that person section anymore...
For that other error, maybe try another ivms version?

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have made some progress with the user cards. I just manually added a person in the user section and then a card just by typing the card number which I got from the person section. I can add all the other users manually but this is somewhat silly because all the persons are already in iVMS. I need to check also that the access codes work. And final test is testing the updated KD8003 that it works with my indoor unit KH8350. If testing goes well then I'll update my other two KD8003 units.

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Now my issue is how to add the upgraded KD8003 unit to my indoor unit KH8350. I can see my other two KD8003s on the indoor unit but I haven't figured out how to add the upgraded one. It seems that I have forgotten this. The indoor unit has an old firmware version (2.1.2 build 191024) so could this be an issue?

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the devices tab you can add the indoor manually, or just follow the setup wizard on the indoor if you reset it

jlikonen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Complete disaster this afternoon. I tried to upgrade my side door unit to 2.2.3 and after rebooting the unit is offline. I tried to switch off power but it didn't help. I then put my third (spare) unit with 2.2.56 to side door. Now access code and none of the cards work. They worked yesterday. Don't know why they don't now. I'm so fed up that I am going to send these two units to the reseller and ask them to downgrade to 2.0.8. I tried upgrading last year and bricket one unit so I had to send to it the reseller.