how to configure IVS (tripwire)?

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I thought I had this figured out long ago, but maybe I just got it working accidentally. I'm using a Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 (starlight varifocal bullet, 7-35mm) for now, but all the Dahua models I have use a similar interface. I have a DVR recording 24/7 which is OK but I also want the camera to export snapshots via FTP on a tripwire crossing event. I have the FTP site setup and working, and the camera has sucessfully saved some snapshots there.

1) For me, only the MS Explorer interface actually allows the IVS tripwire to be drawn; the Chrome interface shows the page, but does not allow drawing the lines. So I use MSIE for this.

2) Do the settings between the Event/Video Detection/Motion Detection/Area page and the Event/IVS/Tripwire pages interact? The IVS page allows rules to be drawn, but not a motion-sensitivity threshold to be set, so is the IVS sensitivity also controlled from the Motion Detection page? And if I want a snapshot to be taken, I have to enable "Snapshot" checkboxes on both pages, plus enable "Motion" in the Storage/Schedule/Snapshot page? I also checked "relay out" on both pages. Is there anything else needed?

At this point I have the settings saved the way I expect them to work, but I do not see the red "relay out" light at the top of the LIVE tab screen come on when a person walks through the tripwire line. I can get the light to trigger if I lower the thresholds enough on the Motion Detection/Area setup page, based just on motion not the IVS tripwire. However I want to take a snapshot only when the tripwire is crossed, not just any motion in the frame which would give me too many false hits.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You got it! Thank you, that is the piece I was missing. Now the triplines show up in the main live view, showing they are active. "Smart Plan" didn't mean anything to me so I hadn't looked in that menu.

Last edited:

Go3Team

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You got it! Thank you, that is the piece I was missing. Now the triplines show up in the main view, showing they are active. "Smart Plan" didn't mean anything to me so I hadn't looked in that menu.
You're welcome. I had the same issue you did, and found it quite by accident.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That "Smart Plan" selection seems to only be in the html GUI, not in SmartPSS, where it seems to be automaticlly enabled under "Intelligent Analyse"/IVS.

I am curious about @cam235 other question about the relationship between "Video Detect" and "Intelligent Analyse". What if any relation does enabling motion detect and its sensitivity and anti-dither and setting its Zone grid do with regards to the IVS trip wire detection and recording?

upload_2017-11-26_11-5-43.png